Birth Stories
Options

First time mommy birth story

My husband and I welcomed our daughter into this world on January 30th, 2009 at 6:57pm.  She weighed 9lbs and 12oz and was 22in long. 

My story begins at around 12 midnight the previous night.  I had literally just layed my head down and dozed off when I felt the sudden urge to pee.  I shot straight up, and was upset because I didn't think I had made it in time.  Reality set in when I rushed to the bathroom and finally woke up to realize that my water had broken.  I yelled to my husband "MY WATER BROKE! START THE CAR!"  Poor guy didn't know what the heck was going on, he had just falled asleep to.  My dog was running around like he was completely lost and didn't know what was happening.  After all was said and done and we had towels in the passenger seat of our two door 2002 Cavalier, lol....we finally made it to the hospital, after we had called everyone and woken them up.

We get to the hospital, and I am only dialated to 2cm.  I think, you have got to be kidding me, lol.  Around 6am I still hadn't dialated any further, so they decided to induce me.  I held out for an epidural until around 11pm.  The contractions were unbearable and too close together.  I kept begging the nurse to bring me water and an orange.  That's all I wanted more than anything.  Well, the nurse checked with my doc, and she came back with an orange popsicle.  It was amazing, until I started throwing up.

Around 4:30-ish, I started pushing.  Falling asleep in between or throwing up...I was alternating between the two quite frequently.  Finally, she was here.  Absolutely breath-taking.  Perfect in our eyes.  Our little angel from above.  We stayed in the hospital for 3 and a half days....when we brought her home, our dog sniffed her little feet until I was absolutely positive she wasn't going to have smell anymore.  He is more protective of her then he is of his toys and bones.  And that's saying alot. 

Needless to say, everything has been nothing short of fantastic.  She will be 3 months old in 7 days.  Big Smile  We love her more than the air we breathe, that's for sure!

Re: First time mommy birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"