Minnesota Babies
Options

Has anyone delivered at United?

I think these hospital posts are very helpful. Has anyone delivered at United in Saint Paul? Any comments you have would be helpful. Thanks so much!! 

Re: Has anyone delivered at United?

• Options
    I have not, but will be.  My sister had both of her children there - both were good experiences and she' never said anything negative about either birth.  Jason and I recently went through the birth class and got to tour the facility and stuff.  I liked the class - and it was a good eye opener for Jason.  I am fully confident in United and my Doctor...  The other thing (and pray none of us need it) but United has a very highly rated NICU per the emergency ratings.  I'm no Dr, but its a level-something pediatric hospital on account of Children's being attached.  So that is reassuring.
  • Options

I delivered there and it was an awesome experience.  That was the first time that I had been to that hospital so I didn't really know anything about it until I got pregnant.  I will never go to any other hospital again.

All of the nurses were awesome and let me have a say in what was going on.  I wanted an epi, but wanted to wait until I really needed it.  They wanted to break my water and I just wasn't ready.  I was finally comfortable and wanted to rest a little before they did that and they were ok with it.  I had a super easy labor and delivery and I really think a lot of it had to do with my main nurse working with me. 

They were all also awesome when it came to BF.  DS latched on right away, but it is still something to get use to.  I had every nurse tell me a little tip or trick that they had.  It was great to try them out and see what worked for us.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I did.  I had to have an unplanned c-section and they were great about it.  They made sure I got to see my baby when I wanted and that I got what I needed.  I was very comfortable during my 4 day stay.

And although I didn't need it (thankfully), I felt good knowing they had such a wonderful NICU.

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I delivered my daughter there. United is a good hospital. You have your own private room which is always nice. Nurses were very helpful. There you have the choice of having the baby sleep in the room with you or not. I would suggest it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"