LGBT Parenting
Options

protocol for cycle 3

Got the call from the RE regarding the protocol for our next cycle. He wants to try the same thing again, so we'll be doing 150 mg of clomid and an ovidrel trigger (and of course the metformin and prometrium).

He also said he doesn't think we need to switch donors (last cycle's stats were better than the first-- 13 million and a progression of 3). We might decide to switch on our own, but at least he's not thinking we have to switch right now.

So now we're just waiting for CD1...

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure

Re: protocol for cycle 3

• Options
    Excellent! I'm glad you know the plan and that you don't need to worry about finding another donor right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    When you went in for your beta did they also take progesterone levels again?  Even in my beta is a negative I'd like to know if my progesterone levels are high enough to sustain a pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTwo*True:
    When you went in for your beta did they also take progesterone levels again?  Even in my beta is a negative I'd like to know if my progesterone levels are high enough to sustain a pregnancy.
    Yes, my RE always checks P4 levels when he does a beta. I was a little surprised, though, that I was only at 14 on beta day, even though I'd been on prometrium 3 times a day. Does that mean a weak O? Things that make you go hmmmm...
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

imagethiswillbe:
    imageTwo*True:
    Yes, my RE always checks P4 levels when he does a beta. I was a little surprised, though, that I was only at 14 on beta day, even though I'd been on prometrium 3 times a day. Does that mean a weak O? Things that make you go hmmmm...

No - the vaginal suppositories do not show up in blood work because they work directly on the tissue. At least that is what I was told at my office.  So you're probably much higher than a 14 but the test won't pick up on it.

• Options

YAY for having a new plan!  Changing our protocol always made me feel so much more hopeful!!

Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    image2brides:

YAY for having a new plan!  Changing our protocol always made me feel so much more hopeful!!

Good luck!

ditto this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"