Birth Stories

Our Christmas Present and EASY labor!!

I had my 39 week doctor's appt. on Dec. 24, 2008 9 am, Well she did my internal and i was 3 cm. 80% effaced,and 0 station.She ended up stripping my membranes a second time and then wanted to hook me up to the monitor to see if i was having contractions. I was having them every 5 minutes and didn't even know it! We went home, grabbed our bags, went to my MIL to grab some Christmas dinner and open a few presents and then went to the hospital around 2:30pm! I filled out my paper work and had to wait over an hour for a room! They asked me a billion questions and then checked me again and i was 4+ cm, almost 100% effaced! The nurse gave me some stadol since i was freaking out about the epidural.I had my epidural between 4-5 pm. and they hung a bag of pitocin to get me to contract more. At 11:15 pm she checked me again and broke my water.  Finally after 1 am i started feeling really really bad contractions so she called the doctor! She had me push to get the head and everything in position which took all of 5 minutes and then the doctor came in. I pushed a total of 10 minutes and then here he came...On December 25, 2008 1:39 am! It was the easiest thing i have ever done! I only felt 3 really bad contractions total! I ended up with a 2nd degree tear and a few stitches but nothing too bad!

I'm really glad i had all the support that i did. We had All of the family in and out during the whole night! My dad, stepdad and best friend stayed until the actual birth so it was great to have all of them there to keep me calm. My mom and hubby were the only ones in the room during the birth which ended up being really nice since my mom video taped all of it and then took pictures of his first shots, weight, eye drops, footprints, etc. I have to say that after a LONG 9 months of being on bed rest for a short cervix, it was totally worth it! Another plus is that he was almost born on his daddy's birthday December 24 but in the end he decided that he wanted his OWN birthday! :) 

John Hayden 7 lbs. 11 oz. 21 1/2 in. long

Re: Our Christmas Present and EASY labor!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"