Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Dallas Hospitals

I am currently TTC but am very worried about the hospital options.  I do not want the baby removed from me at all after birth, but it looks like all the hospitals in the area take the baby away for some reason after birth.  I moved here from Colorado and in Colorado you could 100% room-in, first bath and all.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: Dallas Hospitals

• Options
    I am due in June, and my Dr. delivers at Baylor in Citiview Fort Worth. They let you room in, but do take the baby for a short while after birthing  to be cleaned, weighed and checked in. I think it will be ok, that way. I probably will request to room in, but haven't thought a whole lot about it yet.
  • Options
    Thanks, that is what I had found.  I'm sure its fine, just not what I want.  I don't really see why they need to take the baby.  I'm sure when the time comes I'll find someplace that will work for me.  Congratulations!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered at Baylor Cityview in Fort Worth and they took her from me when I was being moved to my new room and bathed her. They let her stay for a good hour after birth though before they took her for maybe 30 minutes. I think that is pretty common in this area.
  • Options
    I'm not sure where you are located, but I had this exact same concern and was pleased to learn that Baylor Frisco does not remove the baby AT ALL unless you request it. Everything is done in the room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"