Birth Stories

Birth Story........Drug Free!!!!!!!!!!

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you the Birth Story, before I get too busy with this LO. 

I woke up on Wednesday June 11th @ 10am to some contractions and I started timing them as there were quite a few.  I figured it was no big deal and that they would probably go away.  I drank some water and laid down to watch TV.  I kept writing them down and there wasn't a distinct pattern but they were all over the place, 3 minutes here, 12 minutes there.  Because my mom had such odd deliveries each time, very quick and weren't really painful I figured I would go to the hospital just in case.  I called my mom to come get me as I didn't want my husband to get out of work for what I figured at that point might be nothing.  We went in to the hospital at 12pm they checked me out and I was having contractions, but when I arrived my cervix was closed.  They watched me a little bit and said that they baby's heartbeat sometimes dropped when I was having the contractions so they did an ultrasound to take a look at her.  She ended up being fine, but they checked my cervix again and I was at 2.5 cm, dr decided to send me home as I wasn't in "active labor".  So I went home at 3pm.  We had to go pick up my brother which was about 1/2 an hour away, so we went and picked him up and the contractions started becoming more and more consistent and about 6 minutes apart.  We got back to the house and sat around for a little bit, they became to hard to talk and walk thru at about 8pm, so we headed back to the hospital.  I was only 4cm and they made me walk around for 1/2 an hour to see if there was any change.  After that I was at 5cm and this was about 10:30pm. DH headed over there from work and I was moved into a LDR room at 11:25pm.  I told DH that it was now transition period and that I would start having my doubts and I would need him now more than ever. He was amazing and kept me focused and breathing thru all of it.  My mom had to take my brother home as he would not go #2 in a public restroom and she was afraid she was going to miss it, but she literally made it back about 10-15 minutes before she got here.  After we were put in that room everything was kind of a blur, I kept my eyes closed as to focus and because all my labor was in my back and I was in a lot of pain.  DH was breathing with me and keeping me focused and I was getting really scared that I couldn't do it.  I was having a hard time not pushing anymore and said I didn't think I could do it anymore.  DH and nurse said I was doing amazing and that it was almost over.  My mom came back in around then and I just squeezed her and DH's hands thru each contraction and tried to breath thru them.  Then I said I can't wait any longer I need to push and nurse said it's not time yet, and I said yes it is, she checked me and we were ready.  Dr was not there yet and she said not to worry about it and to go ahead and push.  I pushed thru 3 contractions and she came shooting out!  Before the Dr got there!  It was the most amazing experience and I am so glad I did it drug free, there is no way that I would have wanted to miss that.  So Journey Tanae Marshon was born at 1:01am on 6/11/09 and was 6lbs 7ozs, 19inches long.  She is an absolute blessing and we are so happy to have her here with us on the amazing Journey of love. 

Re: Birth Story........Drug Free!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"