Health & Exercise

Help! Need kid friendly recipes!

Okay, I have two toddlers at home and they are very picky eaters.  They do not eat hot dogs, chicken nuggets and here lately not even Campbell soup Disney princess noodles.  They will eat cheese pizza, noodles (sometimes with cheese, sometimes without) but even these items they don't eat very often.  I usually fix steamed broccoli or green beans for them.  They used to devour the green beans but don't touch them anymore.  They still eat the broccoli but not as good as they used to.  They love corn on the cob so I fix that quite a bit.

They both LOVE Oatmeal but I can't let them live off Oatmeal.  Also, they love Yogurt.  I am allergic to nuts so I haven't introduced them to peanut butter because I couldn't give it to them anyway with my allergy and I've been told by my allergist to wait on introducing it to them.

For breakfast we normally have Oatmeal or Pancakes for breakfast (even at the sitters). Sometimes they'll have toast and jam with some yogurt. 

For lunch I fix pizza or noodles because I know there's a higher chance they'll eat it and I've never been able to get them to eat a sandwich, say a turkey on wheat or chicken salad sandwich. 

For dinner it's usually grilled cheese or noodles because once again, it's what they'll eat.  And oh, only one of them will eat grilled cheese. 

I don't give them anything to drink until they've eaten something off their plates so I know they're not filling up with milk.  They're not allowed to have soft drinks so it's organic milk, water or sometimes a little juice.

I feel like my kids are living off air these days.  I don't feed them nuts or shellfish because of allergies and my youngest hasn't eaten egg by itself yet so that does limit our choices BUT I feel like I'm not feeding them very well.

Any suggestions?  I sometimes puree veggies and sneak it in their food and that works most of the time.  I just wish I could come up with some alternative kid friendly recipes.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA,

Re: Help! Need kid friendly recipes!

• Have you tried to put lemon pepper on their veggies? I used to love that as a kid.

Also, what kind of casseroles have you tried? You can fit all the important food groups in one good casserole!

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• what about smoothies? fun way to get fruits..I do fruit like banana or berries, yogurt or milk, ice, and I think it is flax seed...What to expect the toddler years has some great recipes, as does deceptively delicious by jessica seinfeld
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"