Illinois Babies

Dr in McHenry IL????

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I just moved to McHenry IL.  I am 10 weeks pregnant with baby #1 and I am in search of a doctor.  I called the local hospital and the doctor referral line gave me a randomly generated name.  But the hospital said that they could not give a recommendation.  Does anyone have a suggestion???? I have no idea where to start.

Thanks!!!

Re: Dr in McHenry IL????

• I have a friend in McHenry, so I just sent her an email. I'll keep you posted.
  • Thanks JosFinn!  I appreciate your help.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't heard anything from my friend, so I emailed her again today. (She's actually my friend's sister.) At any rate, if I hear anything, I'll let you know.

If all else fails, you can call my OB and Pedi and ask them for recs closer to you. I LOVE both.

• Ok, here's her response:

My pediatrician is Dr. Hallstead. He's the BEST!! He's an older man...but just adorable. His # is (815)344-0090 His office is right next to the hospital. And I know there is an Ob/Gyne in his same office. Don't know much about her though!!

HTH!

• We live in Round Lake.. not too far from there. I'm seeing Dr. Cohan who is part of the West Mooreland (sp?) assoc. in the same building as Lake Forest Hospital.  It's a bit of a drive, but we just moved here also and I didn't know where to start and he was highly recommended.  So far they have been fantastic and the hospital is amazing.  We just took the maternity ward tour last week.  I believe you can also see docs at the Grayslake 'campus' on 120.. which is closer to you.  You just can't deliver there.

I know it's far.. but if you can't find anything else, def go there. 

• Thank you both for the responses!  I appreciate your help.  I also contacted a local mom's group in McHenry and they gave me some names, so I think I finally found someone.  I have my first appointment with the new doctor in a few weeks, but I will keep these in mind in case I want to change.

Thanks again!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"