LGBT Parenting

Could It Happen?

Since most of us are using anon donor sperm and several of us are using the same bank,  I have to wonder....

What are the chances some of us have used, or may use, the same donor?

How would you feel if that were the case?

Re: Could It Happen?

• There's a decent chance that could happen.

And honestly? I'd feel pretty wierd about it. Which is why our donor choice is top secret Stick out tongue

• I am still squirley about 1/2 siblings. There is a Yahoo page for our donor and it says they have identified 49 siblings. Surprise That is really freaky to me. Part of me wants to see their pictures to see if they look anything like my kids and part of me doesn't want to have those images stuck in my head. I have never joined because of this (I also have not joined the Sibling Donor Registry.)

There are some other 2 mom blogs that I read where I wonder if our kids could be related since they look so much alike.  Did you ever see the 5 kids under 5 on TLC?  One of their twins look SO much like Grayson.  L couldn't even watch it.

Long story to say that we haven't shared our donor information with anyone other than to say we used Ffx Cryobank.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think there is a decent chance too!

We also kept our donor choices secret. We still have two vials of our last donor on ice at the old RE's. He is not our top choice anymore and, with everyone trying now, I have a feeling someone else has used him. Too bad we can't trade him in, LOL!

It might be neat in a few years. For now, it might be talk show worthy if we were all PG from the same donor.

• I have thought about this, and it wouldn't bother me at all. 

I would actually think it was kind of neat.  There does seem to be some diversity in the banks we are all using, though.  So I don't think looking at the board as a whole, there's a HUGE chance of us choosing the same one, especially since many of us are looking for very specific phenotypes.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 2brides---49 is a lot! I totally understand why that would weird you out.

I go back and forth. Sometimes I think extended family would be nice, sometimes it freaks me out big time. I do the same thing with with ID Consent donors.

• I'm not sure I'd be cool with finding out that we were raising siblings.  I love you ladies, but I just don't know about that.  However until more Portuguese lovers end up on the board I have a feeling I don't have to worry about having the same donor as one of you Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTwo*True:
    I However until more Portuguese lovers end up on the board I have a feeling I don't have to worry about having the same donor as one of you Stick out tongue

Big Smile CryingBig Smile

• imageTwo*True:
    However until more Portuguese lovers end up on the board I have a feeling I don't have to worry about having the same donor as one of you Stick out tongue

You know you're safe with me! Not many redheaded Portuguese people out there!

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Whew!  I am glad many of you are also hesitant to talk donor numbers.  DW and I both don't want to know if we know parents that use the same donor.  We did check the donor sibling registry when we picked a donor but are not going to post our success there.  I am ok with knowing banks of other people and that others know ours, but that is about it.  We have told some friends about our donor's characteristics but we are not revealing the number and bank combo. 

• image2brides:

There are some other 2 mom blogs that I read where I wonder if our kids could be related since they look so much alike.  Did you ever see the 5 kids under 5 on TLC?  One of their twins look SO much like Grayson.  L couldn't even watch it.

They have a blog, roleplayingwithkids dot blogspot dot com. All the kids have the same bio mom and sperm donor dad.

• Yes, I read it.  One of my kids looks a lot like one of hers and one of mine looks a bit (same coloring) as one of her others.  I know they have found others that have used the same donor - and there are several families.
  • imageMrs._F:

imageTwo*True:
    However until more Portuguese lovers end up on the board I have a feeling I don't have to worry about having the same donor as one of you Stick out tongue

You know you're safe with me! Not many redheaded Portuguese people out there!

Similar with us. Unless some of you are using a mixed ethnicity Asian donor, it's doubtful that we will be using the same donor. 

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"