Minnesota Babies

Another Question about United.

Do you get a private room there? do they have any kind of security in the Maternity section ie alarms on baby? I checked out st. Joe's and while it seemed nice there is a lot of construction going on, noisy both on that floor as well as the floor above. Also no infant security, kinda worried me, especially with all the different contractors going in and out.

Re: Another Question about United.

• All rooms at United are private.  I don't know if there is security in the nursery (I'm sure they don't just let people wander into the nursery), but I'm pretty sure you get the option to have your baby in the room the entire time if you want.  (I believe my sister did).  For after hours, you have to be buzzed in to L&D, and while there aren't specific visiting hours, anyone coming 'after hours' will have to be buzzed in as well.  For the record, there is construction going on to the Gardenview building - which is where L&D is.
  • Yes, all the rooms are private there.  For baby security if the nurse needs to take them to the nursery they check the numbers on your band and the babies band before they take the baby and when they return with them. 

DH did get yelled at for taking DS out of our room and he wasn't in the bassinet.  That is a big no-no as they thought DH was stealing DS. 

I did feel very safe there and comfortable when they took DS. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Saint Joe's does have security, no one goes in without matching bracelet.  I was just there visiting a friend and I birthed there 2 1/2 years ago.  Besides, the baby is in your private room with you most of the time. You really can't beat the nursing staff there either.  They are all so tenured.  Gail the chief nurse when we were there with Elliot's birth was also working there when my DH was born there 30 years ago, and their midwives are amazing! There is a lot of construction going on though.  I believe there is also construction at United as well.  I didn't notice it really when I was there before.  I did have a friend give birth at United though about 5 years ago and she liked it.  She is all about the drugs and it was a perfect fit for her.  When she toured Saint Joe's she commented on the hippies...Smile

Anyway, just thought that I would put my plug in there for St. Joseph's, I loved my experience there.  Good luck choosing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"