Cleveland Babies

**blushado***

I live in university heights too!  I love it over there! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: **blushado***

• Finally someone from my neck of the woods!  :)

What part do you live in?  I am slowly getting used to northeast Ohio...I'm originally from Cincinnati, which I know is not that different, but the winters here are just so much worse and seem to last for forever.  These old homes don't do much to keep you warm either...unless you want a 700 dollar gas bill!

Your daughter is too cute, by the way.  I love her sad face, ha.  Congratulations on being pregnant, too!  Is the second pregnancy a lot different??

• yep! this PG has been way different. ?i am off of meadowbrook. ?I lived in the south for 6 years (FL then GA) and this was our first winter back. DH and I are from NE ohio originally. ?I pray this coming winter isnt as bad. ?I am so ready for the heat! ?

?Our home was built in 1925, but surprisingly the gas bill wasnt too staggering this winter - we also switched to a variable rate so that helped a whole lot. We just put in all new windows too so our energy bills should go down even farther. I wonder if we will actually have to use our AC this summer. ? ?

Your daughter is cute too!

?

• Loading the player...
  • We are sort of neighbors, maybe!  I live on Saybrook and on our walks, Annabelle and I often loop around Meadowbrook on our way home.  I know it's a big street, though, and it seems like all the streets around here crisscross and circle every which way. 

You are lucky to have the new windows.  We need to do that but something else always comes up.  I remember when we first moved in, I went to get out of the shower and turned off the hot water but the knob kept turning and the water wouldn't shut off, ha.  We tried to turn the water off to the house, but that was broken too.  We called the city to shut off the water main or whatever it's called, and they didn't know where it was.  It was a disaster and also the night that everyone's snow melted and flooded their basements, so it was three days before we could get a plumber out.  Our hot water continued to run (though it was cold by then) and we snuck in to country clubs after hours to bathe for the next few days.  I had just started a new job and refused to go to work dirty!  Oh the joys of having an old house!  :)

• we are on dysart. ?close enough! ?funny about the water valve- our water meter in our house was broken, and they kept sending us water bills for $500 a month! ?I couldnt believe it. That was in October. we just got the new water meter installed may 8th. they are horrible! oh and our main shut off valve didnt work either, and when the guy came out to replace the meter, he couldnt find the main shut off at the street. ?We told them we wont pay a penny until we have a full month of water usage to base our usage off of since october.?

I keep reading in the paper about all the water dept, issues and I cant help but laugh. We are one of them!?

?our neighborhood is great- there are SO many kids on my street. Literally, each house has 3 kids- we have some catching up to do!

But its awesome. Right after we moved in they had a block party so we got to meet most of the neighbors and everyone around here is so friendly. ?I know they do a book club once a month, and after I have this new one I may even start a wine club once a month. Why not right?

?

?

• That sounds like a nightmare about the water...I hope it's all figured out now!

Your street sounds a lot like ours...we have a couple block parties a year and there are a ton of kids.  All pretty young, too, like under the age of 5 or 6.  I think the average number of kids per household is 4.  I don't even know where I would fit all those kids, and like you, I have some catching up to do! It is great for Annabelle though and eliminates the need for me to have to drive all around trying to find playgroups!

If you ever want to go for a walk or anything, feel free to PM me and maybe we can set something up and meet halfway or something.  Dysart is another street we walk on a lot but like I wrote before, the way these roads intertwine, it's hard to really say how close we are! 

• sounds good! ?during the week is normally bad, I dont get home with DD until 630. but definitely on the weekends! ?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"