North Florida Babies

YAY! I found you :) Brief Intro...

Hi to all! My name is Jen and I live in Jacksonville. I am looking to find a good OB that delivers at Baptist South.

My story in a nutshell...

*married May 2007

*BFP 3/27/09

*M/C 4/3/09 at 5w4d

*got the greenlight today to start TTC again

*my gyno no longer does OB, so I need to find a good OB who delivers at Baptist South :)

Nice to meet everyone! :)

Re: YAY! I found you :) Brief Intro...

• Welcome! I replied to you over on the newlywed board :)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • If you can't find one for Baptist South-I LOVED my OB and they delivered at Baptist Downtown- FABEN OBGYN. They are an all female practice and have a midwife.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started seeing North Florida OB/GYN.  You meet with them all so you know whichever Dr. is on call when you deliver.  They are across from Baptist South.
  • image1stTimeMommy2Be:

Hi to all! My name is Jen and I live in Jacksonville. I am looking to find a good OB that delivers at Baptist South.

My story in a nutshell...

*married May 2007

*BFP 3/27/09

*M/C 4/3/09 at 5w4d

*got the greenlight today to start TTC again

*my gyno no longer does OB, so I need to find a good OB who delivers at Baptist South :)

Nice to meet everyone! :)

Hi, I am also Jen from Jax.. :) Also, looking for someone delivers at Baptist South because I just found out my Dr no longer delivers babies (Fernandez).

Here is a list of dr. who deliver at Bap South that I got today when I went to my Dr. for the last time just to confirm my pregnancy.

Drs. Greenwald, Paulk & Vanbennekaun- 260-2255 (they are right by Baptist South, in the medical offices, in Suite 311)

Drs. Sekine, Rasner & Brock- 262-5333  (address?)

Dr. Khan- 288-6910 (address?)

Dr. Brody- 296-8848 (address?)

Good luck! I will let you know if I find anyone I like and if you find someone first, let me know!

• I delivered my son at Baptist South - I used the North Florida OB/GYN group attached to the hospital - Dr's Paulk, Greenwald, Connor, VanBennekom and Greenhaw.  Dr. Greenhaw delivered B.  I had a wonderful experience with them :)
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageKristin&Adam:
    I delivered my son at Baptist South - I used the North Florida OB/GYN group attached to the hospital - Dr's Paulk, Greenwald, Connor, VanBennekom and Greenhaw.  Dr. Greenhaw delivered B.  I had a wonderful experience with them :)

I really want to call them, but is it weird to not really know who is going to deliver when your time comes? I am told that when a practice has more drs, you won't know who will be there when you deliver.  That kind of freaks me out. Plus, I really want a female dr. I know some people think it doesn't matter, but it kind of does to me. Though, looking at my insurance, I might have to suck it up and choose a practice with male drs.!

• One more question, how soon did you get to go in to see them? I am about 5 weeks now. I know some don't want to see you until you are like 8 weeks...

• I went with NF OB as well.  I initially chose them b/c they had a woman on staff.  I was uncomfortable with the idea of rotating through docs and not knowing who would be there for the delivery, but all of the docs there were wonderful and I felt comfortable with all of them.  Dr. Vanbennekom was always my favorite and luckily he was the one on call when I had my baby.
  • imagejenfurleigh:

imageKristin&Adam:
    I delivered my son at Baptist South - I used the North Florida OB/GYN group attached to the hospital - Dr's Paulk, Greenwald, Connor, VanBennekom and Greenhaw.  Dr. Greenhaw delivered B.  I had a wonderful experience with them :)

I really want to call them, but is it weird to not really know who is going to deliver when your time comes? I am told that when a practice has more drs, you won't know who will be there when you deliver.  That kind of freaks me out. Plus, I really want a female dr. I know some people think it doesn't matter, but it kind of does to me. Though, looking at my insurance, I might have to suck it up and choose a practice with male drs.!

I thought it was weird too, but a few of my friends highly recommended them so I went with it.  I'm glad I did, I was really pleased with all of them.  Dr. Greenwald is female and they have a Nurse Practitioner (Tyra) on staff too - Tyra is fabulous, I adore her :)  They rotate you through the doctors at your prenatal appointments so you meet all of them prior to delivery.  I ended up seeing Dr. Greenhaw a lot and he was on call when I delivered, I use him as my primary OB/GYN now - til I'm pregnant again and start through the rotation.

They brought me in around 6 weeks to do the initial bloodwork and paperwork.  Then I went back around 8 weeks for my first real prenatal appointment, pap/exam and 1st ultrasound (it was internal).  Prior to 8-ish weeks there isnt really much they can do anyway.  You can't hear the HB on the doppler 'til around 10-12 weeks and even at 8 weeks the US just looked like a little peanut :)

Congratulations!!!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageKristin&Adam:
    imagejenfurleigh:

imageKristin&Adam:

I thought it was weird too, but a few of my friends highly recommended them so I went with it.  I'm glad I did, I was really pleased with all of them.  Dr. Greenwald is female and they have a Nurse Practitioner (Tyra) on staff too - Tyra is fabulous, I adore her :)  They rotate you through the doctors at your prenatal appointments so you meet all of them prior to delivery.  I ended up seeing Dr. Greenhaw a lot and he was on call when I delivered, I use him as my primary OB/GYN now - til I'm pregnant again and start through the rotation.

They brought me in around 6 weeks to do the initial bloodwork and paperwork.  Then I went back around 8 weeks for my first real prenatal appointment, pap/exam and 1st ultrasound (it was internal).  Prior to 8-ish weeks there isnt really much they can do anyway.  You can't hear the HB on the doppler 'til around 10-12 weeks and even at 8 weeks the US just looked like a little peanut :)

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for the info. I did call and make an appointment with them. I have another question if you don't mind.  I go in for lab work next week.  When I go to the 2nd appointment for the exam I will be around 9 weeks, and in the paperwork I received in the mail that around 10-12 weeks they will listen to the heart and then at 18-20 weeks they will do an ultrasound.  Do you know if that means I won't get an ultrasound and picture of the baby until I am 18-20 weeks?

I know you said that the 8 week appointment you could not see much of anything, but wondering if you got the picture to take home with you (like everyone on here seems to have on their signature.).

Just wondering. I know that is not what is important, but I would like to know so I won't be expecting a picture and not get one... :)

Thanks again!

• imagejenfurleigh:
    imageKristin&Adam:
    imagejenfurleigh:

imageKristin&Adam:

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for the info. I did call and make an appointment with them. I have another question if you don't mind.  I go in for lab work next week.  When I go to the 2nd appointment for the exam I will be around 9 weeks, and in the paperwork I received in the mail that around 10-12 weeks they will listen to the heart and then at 18-20 weeks they will do an ultrasound.  Do you know if that means I won't get an ultrasound and picture of the baby until I am 18-20 weeks?

I know you said that the 8 week appointment you could not see much of anything, but wondering if you got the picture to take home with you (like everyone on here seems to have on their signature.).

Just wondering. I know that is not what is important, but I would like to know so I won't be expecting a picture and not get one... :)

Thanks again!

They won't guarantee an ultrasound at 8 weeks, thats probably why its not on the paper.  I got one, as did all of my friends that used them.  It just depends on if the u/s room is available when you are there for your appointment.  They printed out a picture for me that day.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Ugh, well I even called and they said no ultrasound until 20 weeks, they could have said, they may be able to do one.... My insurance said they will cover as many as the dr wants. 

I changed drs before I got your post though! ):

I think I will like the dr I chose as well though, they were recommended to me by a friend and they deliver at Baptist South also. (Seinke, Reisner and Brock)

Thanks again for all the info.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"