Birth Stories

Quick, unmedicated delivery

Our little girl was born on June 2nd at 10:19 am. I was 38 weeks 5 days. That morning, I woke up with a very painful contraction at about 6:20 am. They started off about 10 minutes apart, but quickly got closer together. I didn't want to go to the hospital because I didn't want to move! I always wanted to go without pain meds, but those contractions really hurt. My husband (voice of reason) convinced me we needed to get going-luckily the hospital is only about 15 minutes away. We arrived at the hospital a little after 8 am. My water broke in the L & D triage and they checked me right after that. I was at 9 cm--this was at 8:20 am. I was so surprised I was that far along, but at my last internal at the doctor's office I was already 4.5 cm. They quickly wheeled me to L & D, and they checked me again within 5 minutes. I was at 10 cm! At that point I really needed to push with the contractions but they had to ask me all the standard questions, hook up my IV, etc. It was not fun! I finally got to start officially pushing at 9:00 am, and she was born at 10:19 am. Her name is Hannah and she was 7 lbs 11 oz and 20.75 inches long. I did get a 2nd degree tear, but I'm recovering quite well. She is doing great too, and we're all happy to be home!

Re: Quick, unmedicated delivery

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"