Texas Babies

would I ruin it if...

I tried to transition to the crib?  We've had several nights in a row of sleeping 7-8 hours!  I'm going to go buy a night light and maybe try starting him in his crib tonight.  DH would be estatic!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: would I ruin it if...

• Ummmm, we moved to the crib a while back...and that is when she started sleeping MUCH better.  If you are OK with it...I say go for it.  Maybe a rough night or two...but I bet it will be better for all.  Night light for sure though.  DH forgets and Isabella freaks out!

Good luck!

• It's usually easier to start that earlier rather than later :o)  GL with it!  If he can sleep without a nightlight, I'd say to leave it off...I was always tempted with Kate, but my pedi said it would be more likely to make her think there was something to be afraid of.  Not like that's a huge deal though.
  • Loading the player...
  • We moved DS around 3 months. I think you should give it a shot!
  • the night light is more for me than him.  I can check on him without turning on any lights and waking him.

He's in his crib......hopefully it goes well!

• We moved at 4mo and it was the best idea.  Luci tends to sleep better when its really dark.  We have the sound spa lullaby from BBB and it has a little light show thing and I use that as a night light that way I don't wake her.  If you start the night light he may get used to it but if you are ok w/ that then go for it.  You will have a rough night or two but its def worth it.
  • Well, he slept 5 hours. Not too bad. We'll see how it goes again tonight.

With the night light thing.....maybe I can only turn it on when I'm checking on him since it is low light. I just hope it doesn't wake him up.  I'll need it when I go in to feed him and want to keep it fairly dark in there so I can put him back down...

• Gabe is in the PNP in our room, but DH bought a dimmer switch for my lamp (which is right next to the PNP).  The lamp plugs into it and then it plugs into the wall.  It sits on the floor under his PNP so I can adjust the light with my foot and put it on super low-light to check on him or turn it on at night when we BF.  We liked it so much that we bought one for his nursery as well.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ohh, I hadn't thought of a dimmer switch!  I've been using a flashlight to go check on him and then I'll turn on the night light to feed/change him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"