Baby Showers

Mama AND Daddy shower for baby...

Me and the hubs have been pondering... we're thinking of having a shower that includes moms, dads, singles, and everybody...

Our wedding was out in Phoenix (we live in LA), and so a lot of our LA folk weren't included in the celebration (just close CLOSE friends and family), so we thought this might be a fun way to have a big ole BBQ/pool party/baby shower to include all of our friends...

Anyone have experience with this kind of shower??

Re: Mama AND Daddy shower for baby...

• The shower that DH's family threw me was co-ed and it was really fun! It was more of a cookout, but we did have games. The guys actually liked them, haha.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My best friend threw DH and I a couple's shower this past weekend.  It was the third shower I had and it was definitely the best one!  It was a big outdoor bbq with all of our friends.  She had a big tent set up with lots of food and drinks.  Everyone played yard games, there were three baby shower games and then we ate, opened gifts and just hung out.  The men were really into the games!  It was a lot of fun and it was wonderful to be able to share the celebration with DH and all of our friends. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I had a couples shower and I loved it. I hate shower games, but we did open gifts. Or I opened gifts and my husband hung out with the boys in the garden. It worked for everybody.
  • My friends are throwing a co-ed shower for us... a casual bbq... it'll be fun :)  Beer + baby!

• sherpasherpa member
    We had a jack-n-jill shower yesterday, it turned out well.?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are going to do this..Can I see invitations you have?
  • We are doing a co-ed shower, mostly because I wanted DH there and for him to be able to hang out with some new dads we know. It's not until the 28th though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My family& friends are planning one of these for me. It's going to be at a park near our house and very casual. I can't wait!

I went to a co-ed picnic shower last year and it was really fun. Family & friends hung out for hours. It made me sure I wanted to have the same when I got pg.

I think it will be more fun than my bridal shower.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"