Nurseries and Baby Gear

PIP:finished custom rocker and ottoman

Several months ago, someone posted that they purchased a rocking chair and ottoman set from a guy in Canada. I bookmarked the link to the site (www.offyourrocker.ca) and contintued my search for a rocking chair for our baby's room. My DH and I could never find anything we liked in the stores, (except of course for the super $$$ ones) and I found myself going back to the above website to look around.

I emailed the owner, Frank, and it was love at first email! Frank responded to my emails very quickly and answered my many questions. I ended up purchasing a custom rocking chair and ottoman set from him about 10 days ago. I say custom, because I purchased my own fabric and mailed it to him, and he even made the height of the rocking chairs set lower to the ground for me so that when I sit in the chair, my feet will touch the ground and not dangle (I am only 5 feet tall).

Frank has kept in contact with me the last 10 days, letting me know how the chair assembly has been going, letting me know when he received the fabric in the mail, etc. This evening, he emailed me to let me know that the chair and ottoman are finished and that he will be mailing it to me tomorrow. He even took pictures of the chair! Granted, I haven't seen it in person yet, but I already love it, and the customer service has been top notch!

I recommend this guy and his business to anyone!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: PIP:finished custom rocker and ottoman

• I love it! If you dont mind me asking how much does he charge?

• imageheidismith:

I love it! If you dont mind me asking how much does he charge?

If you go to this link: https://www.offyourrocker.ca/catalog/

You can see his online store of what he has in stock. In the lower right hand corner, you can change the currency to US dollars and it will convert all the prices listed in the store. Then of course there is shipping. There were about 4 shipping options, I chose the cheapest one because I didn't need it in a hurry, as the baby isn't due for 10 more weeks. The shipping is determined by zip code I think. My whole set plus the shipping was $318. Far cheaper than the similiar modern sets I was looking at online and in a local store that wanted $500+ for just a chair.

Oh, I was able to choose between poplar hardwood and oak. I chose the poplar.....the oak was about $50 more. He said the poplar would last about 20+ years, the oak would last 50+ years.

• Loading the player...
  • your rocker looks great! i too bookmarked his site for future reference! i love that he will work with your fabric so you can coordinate it with your bedding and nursery decor. i have fabric ready to go once i'm ready to purchase the rocker! yes, i'm a little ahead of myself but oh well... i make custom bedding and nursery accents as a hobby so I can't help myself when it comes to great fabric!   his prices are very reasonable!  can't wait to see your finished nursery.

• Kflie83Kflie83 member
    Wow that is really a great looking chair!!
  • very nice looking chair love the fabric!
  • I reallywanted one of these rockers! Someone bought us a glider as a gift, so in the long run it was the cheaper option since it was free, however I LOVE that rocker!
  • It looks fabulous!

Enjoy the memories you'll make sitting that beautiful chair!

• This is good to know!  Thank you for sharing!  How much fabric did you end up sending him?  I may do this for our nursery, but I would definitely want to pick out my own fabric (and get my chair shortened since I am 4'11").
  • imagetanya8:
    This is good to know!  Thank you for sharing!  How much fabric did you end up sending him?  I may do this for our nursery, but I would definitely want to pick out my own fabric (and get my chair shortened since I am 4'11").

He said to mail him 3-4 yards of fabric and at least be 54 inches wide. He only needs 3, but 4 is better in case he needs to line up the print (if there is one), etc. I sent 2 pieces that were each 2 yards.

The fabric should also be a thicker fabric like the kind used for upholstery, etc. My fabric was from Joann's and was actually their outdoor fabric - I thought that might make it easier to clean in case it gets some baby spit up on it.

If you decide to order - just email him ANY questions you might have, he always responded very quickly and I emailed him like 10 times before I ordered!

• wow! I love that rocker!

I was getting ready to order a fully upholstered one, but i love the look of that one - and that you can pick your own fabric. Cool! 

• I love it & what great service!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"