Maryland Babies
Options

Upper Chesapeake

Hi everyone-

Has anyone delivered at UC?  I would love to kbow your experience.  I am worried b/c my baby has tp be monitered because of a mediaction that I'm taking, and they don't have a NICU, just a special care nursery.  Has anyone had a baby anywhere taht had to be monitered?  Please tell me how it was.  I'm worried about breastfeeding.  I plan to BF and I don't know how that will happen if they take the baby to the nuresery for 3-5 days.  HELP!!!

Re: Upper Chesapeake

• Options

I delivered at UC and I had a wonderful experience.  I didn't need any special monitoring though.  It is a very pro-BF hospital so I didn't have any issues with them, their lactation consultants and nurses helped me out with BF round the clock.  Can you talk to your OB or someone at the hospital about how nursing will work with the monitoring?

GL!

• Options
    I delivered 4.5 weeks early at UC due to placenta previa.  My son was in the Special Care Nursery for five days.  I would go an nurse him every 2-3 hours.  The nurses in the Special Care Nursery were FANTASTIC.  They would call my room to wake me in the middle of the night, and have him changed and ready to go.  It wasn't an ideal situation or as easy as having him in my room (obviously) but I was still able to nurse him with no problems.  I would say the biggest problem was the walk to the nursery (because I was recovered from a c/s).  They are extremely pro BF at UC, and they will most definitely work with you to make it work!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would also find your local La Leche League and attend their meetings.  There are a lot of moms there that could help you with not only suggestions for while your baby is in the hospital but when he/she gets out. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't deliver there but they have a great BF support group after you have your baby.  It did meet on Tuesday and Thursday but you can call the hospital for more info.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"