Pennsylvania Babies

I'm in swaddling hell

J NEEDS to be swaddled or he can't even fall asleep.  We have been using the Kiddopotamus Swaddle Me but he doesn't fit into the small anymore; he is too tall.  The next size is a large (who skips over medium?!!?) and it is WAY too big around him and won't even velcro shut.  We try using a regular swaddling blanket but we are the world's worst swaddlers and that gets loose and ends up over his face.  We were planning on trying to transition J from bassinet to crib but we need to sort this out first.  What do you guys use?  I would prefer something that I can go and get at a baby store locally since this is a swaddling emergency.  Thanks!

Re: I'm in swaddling hell

• We were in this SAME exact spot not too long ago.  Being between sizes was hard.  Those Swaddle Me's shrink though.  We bought a new size small and were able to last a little longer in it.  Then we bought a size large & I think it helped transition him to being unswaddled b/c it was looser. 

You are more than welcome to borrow our newer ones.  They might be bigger b/c they've only been washed/dryed a couple of times.  We have a fleece one that was only wahsed/dryed once.  We also have 2 size small cotton ones.  Our size large might be a little smaller than normal b/c it's been washed/dryed at least 5 times.

We also have those Aden and Anais swaddle blankets that you can borrow too.  They're huge so they're easier to get really tight and wrap the last part all the way around him.

E is on day 6 of being unswaddled at night -- I was just creating a blog post about it b/c it's a big accomplishment in our house.  I felt like we'd be going off to college with him so we could swaddle him at night ;)

FWIW, we transitioned him to the crib swaddled but once he rolled from back to belly I knew our swaddling days had to be over.  He's doing well in a sleep sack so far (knock on wood).  

Let me know if you'd like to borrow anything.  I'll email you about getting together soon too!!

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, they're not in a local store I'm aware of, but these were recommended to me as the best swaddlers -- they grow with the baby, and you just have less blanket to wrap around as he gets bigger.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your suggestions so far.  Christina, thanks for the offer to borrow yours, but I think that we'll just try to learn how to swaddle with a bigger swaddling blanket, like this one... I know it will take some trial and error but it will make us feel better if he is snuggly in one of those rather than loosley or tightly in a Swaddle Me.  Seriously their sizes make me so frustrated...  anyway, we'll see how it goes!  I don't even want to think about transitioning out of swaddles yet!!  I'm glad you go through this all before me because you are a big help!
  • Bryce won't sleep unless he is swaddled either. We learned from the dvd "happiest baby on the block". It is what they showed in our prenatal class. Dh also asked the nurses to teach him and watch him in the hospital and he is now the best swaddler. Our family and friends comment on how he gets it so well and Bryce can't "break out".

You can go to Utube and search for the video and there are some videos that show you how to do it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only thing that worked for us was the Miracle Blanket, Connor couldnt break free of it and started sleeping really well when we started using it.  I plan on using it from day 1 with the new baby.

• I've heard great things about the miracle blanket!  There are a few places in Central PA that have it, I'm not sure where you are located, but here's a list

Miracle Blanket.com has a store locator on the main page on the bottom of the left side banner.

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• I bookmarked this link a long time ago when someone posted it. I haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the person who posted the link raved about what a great swaddle it was - no special blankets necessary! Good luck!

https://www.goddessinprogressblog.com/2007/11/uber-swaddle/

• This is bigger than the small saddle me's and are great! P loves them...

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A302868011%2Cp_4%3AThe%20First%20Years&page=1

BFP #1= DD, We've been TTC DC #2 since 8/11. BFP #2 on 4/18/12, BO confirmed on 5/21/12, natural mc 0n 6/1/12. BFP #3 on 10/11/12.... Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"