Baby Names

Question about Nickname?

DD is named Amelia and goes by Mia

We are TTC#2 and I am starting to think of names since that took me FOREVER and we changed it at the last minute.

For a girl I love the name Josephine...and I love the nickname Joey.

My question is...
Do you like it?
Is it bad that it's a boy's name?

I don't really like the nickname Josie.

Re: Question about Nickname?

• With all the girls being given boy names as their actual name, I would think most would like/accept a boy nickname with a feminine girl name as full name. It gives two very different options. I like it. Like Samantha/Sam, Charlotte/Charlie.

I do also really like Josie though. :)

• imagethatgirlang:

With all the girls being given boy names as their actual name, I would think most would like/accept a boy nickname with a feminine girl name as full name. It gives two very different options. I like it. Like Samantha/Sam, Charlotte/Charlie.

I do also really like Josie though. :)

I agree w/ this. I'm not a fan of just giving a girl a boy name, but  I don't mind nicknames, b/c as Ang said, she still has a proper female name she can use as well.

Fwiw, I actually prefer Joey to Josie too. I also think the trend for these days is that most Josephs are just Joseph or Joe, not Joey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that nn Joey is cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think its cute.  A boy nn is perfectly acceptable for a little girl
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LMS05LMS05 member
    Josephine is pretty, but I don't like Jo or Joey. This is also why I wouldn't use names like Charlotte or Samantha because they end up being Charlie or Sam. It's just NMS to use boy names for girls.?
  • I like Josephine a lot! Josie is a cute nn.?
  • imageCourtneyRDH:
    I like Josephine a lot! Josie is a cute nn.

This. I like Josephine and could handle Josie as a nickname. Don't like Joey at all.

• I like it. Reminds me of Dawson's Creek though.
  • I LOVE it. This baby will be Penelope Jane and some of my choices for a future girl are:

Josephine Lily

Cecilia Louise

Adelina Felicity

If we choose Josephine next, I like the fact that she could go by Josie, Joey, Jo, etc.

• imagethatgirlang:

With all the girls being given boy names as their actual name, I would think most would like/accept a boy nickname with a feminine girl name as full name. It gives two very different options. I like it. Like Samantha/Sam, Charlotte/Charlie.

I agree! But I also agree with the OP: Not a fan of Josie, but Joey is cute.

• I think Joey is cute. I read this earlier and just thought of Jolie.  I think Jolie is pretty and very feminine.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like boy names for girls!  I think it would be really cute as a nn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"