Babies on the Brain
Options

new to the community and stuck ...

i am in the middle of a rock and a hard place.  my husband and i both worked for the same company and both got laid off in january.  we have both (thankfully and blessed) gotten new jobs and moved a couple states away to start our new lives.  the problem is that we haven't been able to sell our home in our old city yet due to the slow market.  my dh isn't even willing to discuss ttc until that is finalized - and i have basically been in my "nesting" mood since november.  i am dying between thoughts of babies and new houses ...

is anyone else dealing with this?  how are you coping?

Re: new to the community and stuck ...

• Options
    Its probably best to wait until you sell the old house.
    Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey
  • Options

I would wait until you sell.

Maybe in the meantime research what houses in the area are doing thesse days? ?Check and see if there are any tricks to make it sell faster...like staging techniques or maybe even changing realtors.?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not in this situation exactly, but I can relate.  DH went back to school last year to get his second bachelor's degree, and I've been ready to start TTC for about a year now.  Because it's his second B.S. it's only going to take him 2 years to finish, so he'll be done in May 2010.  He doesn't want to have a baby while he's still in school (he also works full-time), which I understand.  So, long story short, we just started TTC this month (assuming it'll take me a few months to get KU).  It's tough to wait, but sometimes it's best in the long run.  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This pregnancy was unexpected for us and we still haven't been able to sell our house in another city. So coming from someone who's in the middle of the nightmare, you're better off waiting.

Right now I'm beginning LTD benefits from work due to my HG and it's only 72% of my salary...paid out once a month! Adding to that the fact that I probably won't be able to go back to work before maternity leave, which is only about half salary.

It really isn't worth the stress if you find yourself in a similar situation.

• Options
    imagepreppynewlywed:

I would wait until you sell.

Maybe in the meantime research what houses in the area are doing thesse days?  Check and see if there are any tricks to make it sell faster...like staging techniques or maybe even changing realtors. 

This.

• Options

I know that waiting is the right thing to do ... it is just it is all I can think about.  I always though that "your clock is ticking" was an overdramatic use of what was going on! 

We are stuck in an area that has very little activity - price is right according to several agents, house looks great (again according to several agents) but there is just no traffic. Sigh  ...

I will probably log after this to not be so "on the brain" but I will be back here as soon as the house sells! 

Thanks for the support!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"