3rd Trimester
Options

Left breast leaking blood??

Does anyone have this happening to them?  I just noticed tonight that my left breast is leaking blood(?) in addition to the colostrum because I'm wearing a white shirt and I have little blood stains where my nipple is at.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I will definitely ask what's going on but since I'm online, I thought I'd ask you guys... 

Re: Left breast leaking blood??

• Options
    Are you having problems with cracked/dry/sore nipples yet?  I hear if you have really dry/cracked/sore nipple that they can sometimes bleed.  GL.Smile
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Definitely ask your Dr. tomorrow.  I wouldn't bother to call now since you have an appointment already scheduled so soon. 

I have had leaky nipples for years (high prolactin levels exacerbated by BCP hormones) and was always told that as long as it stayed clear/slightly milky it was okay, but if it ever became bloody to go to the Dr.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is yellow discharge okay????
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I've been told that if I have blood from my nipples to call L&D or my doctor immediately.
  • Options
    I have no idea if you still check this website as this was posted so long ago but I am experiencing the exact same thing and just had an ultrasound of my left breast today.  They couldn't tell me much as they can't perform a mammo (cause I'm 27 weeks pregnant) so I basically have to wait till I deliver for them to be able to properly diagnose me.  I am obviously still a bit worried as it is blood and everything I read states the worst!   Can I ask if yours eventually stopped bleeding or did they find the cause of why it was bleeding?  THanks for you help.  Just very worried!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"