High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

3 hr glucose test diet

Today was my first day on the special diet for the 3 days before the 3 hr tolerance test and I am so confused. I met the 200 g of carbs the instructions told me to eat but nowhere near the 3000 calories they suggested (only at 1732). I am not sure how I am supposed to get up to 3,000 calories without having a ridiculous amount of carbs or binging on cheese. I need a few more servings of veggies today but those don't really have a lot of calories...suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 hr glucose test diet

• Options
    Load on some yummy salad dressing!!  Full of calories and (told by my dietician) great to eat as much as you want!
  • Options
    ok will try that, thanks for the suggestion!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow ... I need to re-read my paperwork!! I don't see anywhere on there about a caloric quota!  Blah.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is a new one to me, I have never had to follow a 3 day diet prior to my 3 hr

good luck, eat some peanut butter, or pickles, or peanut butter and pickles haha

• Options
    I called my dr. today and they said just get as close to the 3,000 calories as I can, they know it's a lot of food and they are more worried about me eating a variety of grains/veggies/fruits/meat/dairy than actually getting to the 3,000 cal. mark. It seemed like a lot of calories to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"