High-Risk Pregnancy

~~Bedrest Mamas Monday Check In~~

Here is a list of nesties who can commiserate together during bedrest. Nothing better to do, right? Share your story, progress, news, and any ideas of how to keep yourself busy. Check in will occur each day on the High Risk Pregnancy Board in the mornings.

Post back with your info if you?d like to be added to the list!

Name:  daisy22 (Wendy)

Due date:  June 9th

Since when:  24 weeks

Type of bedrest: Modified, 4/28 all restrictions lifted

Reason:  bleeding and cramping, placenta has pulled away some. On terb as needed for cramping/contractions

Name: Tiffany (Future Mrs Qualls)

EDD:  06-12

Type of BR: Doc didnt give it a name but I am allowed bed to couch to bathroom to kitchen. 

Since when:  04-27

Reason:  Gestational Hypertension

Name:  emlady

EDD: 6/13/09

Type of BR: modified

Since when: 4/29

Reason: Preterm contractions and cramping, previous surgery for uterine septum, 50/50 chance for preterm labor. 

Name: lkaylee721 (Kristen)

EDD: June 25th

Type of Bedrest: Strict, only up to pee and shower very quickly. Dr. said 'no dilly dallying'

Since when: 33w (May 7th)

Reason: I had heavy temporary bleeding.  While I was being monitored they found that LOs HB dropped occasionally (70 bpm) after moving around. 

Name: DavisPT09 (Krista) 

EDD: 6/27/09  

Type of BR: Modified; Supposed to stay off of my feet as much as possible (Can be up around the house for short periods; can leave the house as long as I can sit once I get where I'm going; car rides are fine)

Since when: 4/28/09

Reason: Possible PTL; Dilated 1cm, 70% effaced, cervix is soft, but still long. 

Name: bonk2448 (Melanie)
EDD:
June 30, 2009 (Delivery Scheduled for 5/14/09)
Type of Bedrest
: Hospital - bathroom & shower
Since When
: April 16 (29 weeks 6 day)
Reason:
Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome, more over "absent end-diastolic flow" in umbilical cords.  The day I got checked in there was absent in both, but usually it is only baby b.  Absent will turn into reverse "retrograde flow" and then the babies need to come out.  I get scans every morning to check flow. 

Name: schmoodle

EDD: 7/1/09

Type of BR:  light/modified

Since when:16w2d

Reason: history of preterm delivery (lost last pregnancy unexpectedly at 23 weeks), possible cervical issues and placenta previa.

Name: luv2jump83                                                                           

EDD: 7/1/09                                                                                     

Type of BR: Can use bathroom, shower & get something to eat            

Since when: 32 Weeks (5/7/09)                                                 

Reason: Bicornuate uterus, risk of preterm labor, contractions, cramps

Name:  jameysgirl (Melanie)

EDD: July 4, 2009

Type of BR: Hospital - can get up to use the restroom and shower.  Other than that, I've had wheelchair rides around the hospital...

Since When: April 24

Reason: Low amniotic fluid (5 cm), baby's growth slowing, and not good weight gain for me. Receiving one round of steriod shots in case of early delivery.

Name: hulagirl09

EDD: 7/05/2009

Type of BR: I can go to the bathroom, take a short shower and make a quick meal and sit up to eat.

Since when: 23 weeks.

Reason: Short Cervix

Name: ShawnaDanielle

Due Date: July 7, 2009

Type of BR: Strict, bathroom and shower only

Since When: 22 weeks

Reason: Shortened Cervix

Name: krisflower

EDD: 7/08/2009

Type of BR: modified

Since when: 14 weeks 5 days

Reason: Previous preterm delivery, PTL

Name:  sparkle007

EDD: July 8, 2009

Type of BR: Hospital Bedrest

Since when: 3/20

Reason: preterm labor contractions & a shortening, funnelling cervix

Name: bkb2003

EDD: 7/11/2009 (scheduled c-section 7/3)

Type of BR: Light/modified 

Since when: 19 weeks

Reason: PTL - Timeable contractions but thankfully not dilated yet, goal to get to 24 weeks and then start on anti-contraction meds

Name:  Alibeck

EDD:    7/12/09 

Since:  25 weeks 

Reason:   3/23 signs of pre-e, 4/6 prelabor with 25% effacement.

Name: atmarques (Amy)

Due Date: July 12

Type of BR: Modified

Since When: 28 weeks

Reason: Funneling Cervix after a previous pregnancy resulted in delivery at 25 weeks

Name: mpoppins76 (Stephanie)

EDD: July 12th (will have scheduled c-section sometime between 36-39wks)

Type of BR:  Had 1 week full followed by 3 weeks partial.  Then 1 week strict at hospital and now am home on strict.  Am allowed to use bathroom and shower every few days. 

Since when: April 1 (25 weeks)

Reason:  Marginal placenta previa.  Had spotting 4/1 and a bleed 4/28

Name:  MCGMK (Michelle)

Due date:  July 15

Since when:  13 weeks

Reason:  Incompetent cervix

Name: onemoregirl (Stephanie)

Due Date: July 15th

Since when: March 23

Reason: History of PTL, subchornionic hem. at 10 weeks, Modified bedrest due to having too many contractions at 23 weeks

Name:  1sttimemommyX2 (Heather)

EDD:   07/22/09

Type of BR: Strict (up to shower and pee, no longer than 15 min at a time)

Since when: 04/29/09

Reason: pre term labor

Name: clyoungsey *Christi

EDD:  7/22/09

Type of BR: example: Strict, hospital - allowed up to go to the bathroom and to shower every other day.

Since when: May 6, 2009

Reason:  example: PROM (premature rupture of membranes at 29 weeks), GD

Name: NCabeen (Natalie)

EDD: 7/27/09  

Type of BR: Modified  

Since when: 4/29/09

Reason: IC

Name:  Arkchic

EDD: July 29, 2009

Type of BR: Strict- but can get up to use restroom and shower

Since When: March 12--20weeks

Reason: shortened cervix- had cerclage on April 3 (23 weeks)

Name: MrsBarkel2B (Erin)

EDD:  07.31.09

Type of BR: Pretty strict.  I'm allowed to go for walks around my house a couple times a day to keep my strength up but otherwise it's on my left side.

Since when: On and off my whole pregnancy for different reasons but this time since 4/13 (24w3d)

Reason:  6 weeks - Threatened Miscarriage; 11 weeks - placenta previa; 21 weeks and 24 weeks to present - PIH with borderline pre-E levels; 28 week - PIH and Type 1 diabetes.

Name: Johns19k

EDD: 8/2/09

Since When: 26 weeks 4/28

Reason: Incompetent Cervix due to a cone knife biospy in March 08

Name: electricdoctor83 (Jessica)

EDD: 8/8/2009

Type of BR: modified bedrest for now, but expecting to go complete at some time pending contractions and cervix lenghts.

Since when:  March 25th

Reason: Preterm mild contractions, cramping, and pressure.  Cervix measuring 28 mm on initial U/S, staying steady so far at about 30 cm with weekly transvag U/S and started on prometrium to help relax the ute. STRONG family history of PTL.

Name: Jennifer (pebblesjns)

EDD: August 12

Type of BR: Modified (can walk around the house a little, bathroom, shower, make quick meal, but not allowed to leave the house), will get more privileges at 32 weeks

Since when: Saturday 4/25/09 (24w3d)                                                 

Reason: My cervix was measuring short (1.9 cm) at my repeat "big" u/s (even though it was fine the month before and the only reason we had a repeat was due to the baby's positioning blocking some views), down from 3.5 cm at 19 weeks.

Name:  Babyreyna (Valerie)

EDD: 8/20/09

Type of BR: Strict (Only allowed to get up to eat, shower, and eat, if I cant do it in bed.)

Since when: 4/20/09 until delivery

Reason: Shortening Cervix, Pre term labour in first preg. delivered @ 26 weeks

Name:  Million$$Baby

EDD:  Hoping to make it to 8/24 - 34 weeks

Type of BR: home - allowed up to go to the bathroom, grab something to eat and to shower every other day. Can go downstairs once a day to couch and back up once a day to bed.

Since when: 5/4 at 18 weeks

Reason: cervix shortened from 3.2 to 2.4 within 4 weeks, carrying triplets

Name: mrst1014 (Meagen)

EDD: Sept. 22, 2009 (God Willing)

Type of BR:  Strict, just get to go to the bathroom, shower ever other day, but I have to use a shower seat.

Since when: 8 weeks (2/13)

Reason: It started with a SCH. At 14 weeks I had massive bleeding and needed two blood transfusions. I also have partial placenta abruption.

Name:  gizmo909

EDD:  September 2, 2009

Type of Bedrest:  Modified

Since when: Feb 24th (12w6d)

Reason:  Severe Hyperemesis.  Currently have PICC line and on TPN 16hrs/day and Zofran pump 24hrs/day.

Name: jennandjt (Jen)

EDD:  September 22nd

Type of BR: strict bedrest with bathroom privileges and the occasional trip downstairs to the recliner. All meals are delivered by my DH as I do not want to spend anymore time than I have to putting pressure on my cervix!

Since when: April 22.....19wk2day

Reason:  during my BIG ultrasound they found my cervix 1.5 cm dilated and I went in for an emergency cerclage. Hoping to hold on to this pregnancy as long as possible as I was given a 50, 50 chance....would love to beat those odds!!

Name:  Nikki

EDD:  7/20/09

Type of BR: Hospital - bathroom & shower only.

Since when: 5/14/09 (30w 3d)

Reason: Twin Twin Transfusion Syndrome.  Baby A 2lbs. 13ozs. Baby B 3lbs. 3ozs.  Low fluid.  Doctor hoping to get me to 34 weeks.

Name: janjag (jan)EDD: july 14, 2009 (40wk calculation - not expected for twins)
Type of Bedrest
:  home - bathroom & shower (w/2 hospitalizations)
Since When
: 13wks (jan 8th)
Reason:
started with a bad bleed at 13wks, then shortening/funneling cervix at 23wks.  now 5mm cervix left - U shaped funnel.  baby a likes to stick her feet in what's left of my cervix. :)  hoping to make it to 36+wks.  dr. will be happy w/34wks. 

Name: Emma Jean

EDD:  7/28/08

Type of BR: Strict bedrest allowed up to go to the bathroom, shower, one trip up and down the stairs per day

Since when: 30 wks 3 days

Reason:  mild pre-e with a family history of hypertension

Name: Mrs.Babbsy
EDD: 10/13/09 Mono-di twin GIRLS:)
Type: Full bedrest with shower and bathroom priveleges
Since: 5/20                                                                                

Reason: Preterm Labor, shortening cervix and baby B is 18% behind.

Name: alibabbbs (Alison)

EDD: 9/14/2009

Type of BR: strict, currently hospitalized

Since when: 23w 5d (5/22/2009) 

Reason: Placenta previa diagnosed after heavy bleeding, not picked up on previous ultrasounds. Also at risk for hemorrhage due to being on Lovenox for Factor V Leiden and history of pulmonary embolism.

Name: Lucky428

EDD:  10/13/09

Reason:  small placental tear

Name: Yellowb
EDD: 9/5/09
Type: Modified with one outing per week
Since: 5/26/09                                                                                

Reason: large fibroid on cervix, cervix continues to shorten. Possible use of steroid shots in the next few weeks if cervix continues to shorten

Name: reiner08

EDD:  8/1/09

Type of BR: Strict, hospital - allowed up to go to the bathroom and shower. Wheelchair rides outside (20 min) OK.

Since when: May 18, 2009

Reason: preterm PROM (premature rupture of membranes) 29 weeks, 3 days.

Name: Jesh1111

EDD:  8/11/09

Type of BR: Strict - allowed up to go to the bathroom and shower. And to doctor every week.

Since when: May 25, 2009, 28w 6d

Reason: frequent contractions, positive ffn for preterm labor, cervix dialated 2cm

Add any updates!

QOTD: What is your biggest meal of the day? Do you feel that you eat more or less on bedrest?

Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ~~Bedrest Mamas Monday Check In~~

• QOTD: I think I definately ate more the first week or so on bedrest but since then I've cut back to my pre-bed rest amounts.
  • Happy Monday Ladies!! I eat much less as my snacking choices are limited and I have no access to the food pantry, My biggest meal is dinner, which has always been my favorite. I've gained less weight in the past 6 wks while being on BR than while up and about....crazy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Name: Realisticdreams8

EDD:  11/9/2009

Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet

Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days

Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• No updates

QOTD: I think my biggest meal is dinner, but I've found that I eat a whole lot more on bedrest.  My weight's gone up alittle in the last few weeks, but not too much.  DH still winds up making late night Subway runs because hospital serves dinner at 5pm....nothing else until 7am...are they NUTS!!! Hmm

• The biggest meal is dinner...

I eat less because we don't have any food that sounds good.  Before bed rest I just went and bought whatever I wanted. 

• My biggest meal of the day is always breakfast. I am eating more and more these days!  I'm hoping that the fact that I gain a few pounds every week means this baby is going to be over 5 lbs even if shes born a month early!  I never ate this much when I was pregnant with DS on bedrest.  It's become my mission to write down things every time I crave them and they are not in the house, this way I make sure when DH goes shopping next he gets them :)  The grocery list is a work of art these days!! 
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagerealisticdreams:

Name: Realisticdreams8

EDD:  11/9/2009

Type of BR: Modified, Basically House Arrest and stay off my feet

Since when: May 29, 2009, 16 weeks 4 days

Reason: spotting, cramping/pain from marginal placenta previa

Welcome!  I've added you to the list :) 

• imageNikkiDave221:

No updates

QOTD: I think my biggest meal is dinner, but I've found that I eat a whole lot more on bedrest.  My weight's gone up alittle in the last few weeks, but not too much.  DH still winds up making late night Subway runs because hospital serves dinner at 5pm....nothing else until 7am...are they NUTS!!! Hmm

Nothing after 5pm?  Don't these people realize you are pregnant?!!  Subway is glorious though :)  I could eat it almost every day myself! 

• No updates!

QOTD:

• No updates!

QOTD:

My
  • No updates!

QOTD:

My biggest
  • No updates!

QOTD:

My biggest meal is
  • No updates!

QOTD:

My biggest meal is probably
  • Sorry the bump was going crazy on me for a while.

QOTD: My bigest meal is probably dinner on the weeknights and usually late lunch/early dinner (whatever you want to call it) on the weekends... whatever I'm eating with DH is usually the biggest meal.  :)  Since being on bedrest I have kind of plateaued with my weight gain.  I will gain one week and then the next week I lose... its been back and forth like that since being on bedrest. 

• No updates!

QOTD: I think in terms of qty, I eat the same with dinner being the biggest meal. But I think I eat more fast food b/c my mom or BIL will bring stuff over, it's def made me gain weight since I'm not up & moving around to burn calories. What can you do though? I figure I'll be pretty active when the baby is born so I'll make up for it then :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"