Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I hate this board.

I fecking hate that it is here, I hate that we need it, I hate that I can't stop crying, I hate that I lost another baby, and I hate that I'm too scared to have another yet too scared not to try.

I just hate that we all know all bad this hurts.

(obviously I'm in the "bitter angry stage"... lol....)

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence

Re: I hate this board.

• Options

...and rather than make another morbid post... I'll just rant about something on this one..

I'm close with my Gram, but let's face it, she's 85. I finally got the balls up to call and tell her we lost the baby, and got THEE stupidest comments ever. I KNOW she's old, and doesn't know what to say... blah blah blah... but I can't help but just drop my jaw in awe...

"Well, it's good it happened now, and not at 9 months."

(um, no, it's NOT good, and when is it ever a good time to loose a baby?)

and

"Are you sure it's not something you could have avoided?"

(believe me, I've tried to take the blame, Oh how I have tried)

and my all time favorite...

"This is just something you're going to have to get over."

(what, just keep reciting '7th time's a charm?")

Uuuuuugggghhhh.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

My mom asked me if me using the screwdriver and hammer made me have a miscarriage.  What???  Seriously?

I thought I would add to your rant :)

Then she told me it's too bad I didn't have kids a few years ago.

Don't unhelpful people SUCK?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My boss told me that a chemical pregnancy wasn't really a pregnancy.  I have the test, the miscarriage cramps and the deep, heart wrenching feelings that say otherwise.

My mother-in-law told me that that's why you shouldn't test that early. Is a loss you don't know officially about not still the loss of a child?  I knew I was pregnant, just knew it from 4 dpo...I had just convinced myself it was all in my head until I saw that faint line.

People are stupid and you don't understand until it happens to you.  I actually avoided a friend so I wouldn't say anything like this to her when she had her first miscarriage.  Now she and I are both sharing the same thing together, early miscarriages only a week apart.

Unhelpful people do suck.

Lucas Arlo - 2/26/10, Cordelia Jane - 1/20/12 
    #3 is due 8/27/14

imageimage
  • Options
    I'll add to that!  Here is my vent:  I have an old friend on facebook and we found out at the exact same time we were expecting and due on the exact same date.  No, I did not announce it on facebook but was messaging with her; she did announce it though.  Now every time I log on she has updated her status to tell everybody how tired she, how nauseous, how she just wishes the first trimester would be over with.  I just wish I was still pregnant and all that goes with it. 
  • Options
    I feel for everyone's vent.  But I have to say it's kind of therapeutic to see that everyone knows someone that annoys the crap out of them or says something that is so foot in mouth.  Left Hug
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    All my boss said was "oh, again" and ask when I was going to be back. I guess he thinks I should be used to it by now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hear you- I was traveling with my friend for a girls trip when I had my m/c-  since then she has told me I was lucky it happened so early and it was so "interesting" because I was "so emotional" about it when it happens all the time.  This from a girl who's never been pregs. 

I know I am bitter, but I think I will be taking a break from communicating with her for a while.

• Options

Oh ladies, the idiotic people we have to put up with....

Aside from the other common insensitive statements other people have said to me, ("It was God's plan.", "Something was probably wrong with it", etc) the teacher I work with made the worst comment of all:

" You should be glad this happened because now maybe your husband will appreciate you more. Wouldn't you rather have your husband be more thankful than to have a baby?"

I honestly didn't know how to reply...

I am so sorry for your losses, sweetie. I'm sure we all hate this board, and wish we never had to be part of it. I know I do. But I am very glad to have such supportive ladies through this time.

• Options
    I know the feeling.  I am sorry for your loss.  Deep down, I just want to be success and feel like I can have a pregnancy that works out.  Take care of yourself. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    My inlaws immediately started telling me I was under too much stress and shouldn't have been picking up my toddler so much.
  • Options
    Davez I'm so sorry you have to be here. ?I hope people are kinder to you from now on. ?(((HUGS)))
    Beautiful Miracle Baby lost at 21 weeks due to pre-term labor and incompetent cervix. FET#1 BFN, FET#2 BFP, early loss. FET#3 BFN. IVF#2 BFFN. FET #4 BFP after removing bilateral hydrosalpinx and 3 months of lupron depot. Sticky Bun is here!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How about "You shouldn't have told people so early." I was excited for pete's sake. So are you saying that because I told you I was pregnant i jinxed myself? Get your facts straight before you say something stupid and insensitive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"