D.C. Area Babies

overnight diapers and bumbo seat question

if you use overnight diapers, when did you start? do they even make them for little babies? We use Pampers Swaddlers size 1 now, but I think Warner is almost ready to go up to size 2. He sleeps through the night pretty regularly now and even though I haven't had a problem with leaks (yet!), his diaper is really, really full in the mornings.

And for the bumbo seat, when did you start your little one in it? Warner seems to have decent (but wobbly) neck control now. I've put him in the seat a couple times, with my hands by his head the whole time in case he gets floppy :-) I wouldn't leave him unattended in it at this point, but is it too early at all?

Re: overnight diapers and bumbo seat question

• We started overnight diapers at 6 or 7 months.  DS started sleeping on his tummy, and his regular diapers couldn't handle all of the liquid all in one place.  I believe that Huggies Overnights don't start until size 3.  If your DS starts leaking before he is big enough for the overnights, try just going up a size in your regular diapers for nighttime.  That worked for a little while for us.

We never used a bumbo seat, so I can't help you with that.  I just started putting DS in a tripod position when he was about 3 months old.

• I started using overnight diapers when he started leaking.  I think that was when he was wearing a size 3 diaper and I upsized to the size 4 huggies overnights--I don't recall exactly how old he was.

Sorry can't help you with the bumbo seat question--we didn't have one.  I started propping him up with supporting his head on the boppy and then progressively inched him up as he got more head control.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Loading the player...
  • over night diapers at 6 months.  Bumbo seat at 4 months
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think we tried the bumbo closer to 4 months.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I bought the Pampers Baby Dry (supposed to be for overnight) and cruisers recently.  I compared them to each other and to the swaddlers and for the life of me cannot see a difference.  However, I have no idea if the 'gel' is different/absorbs more.  The tabs and the the rest of it look the same.
  • I haven't seen the Huggies overnights in less than a size 4, but those worked on DD fine even when she was in size 3 daytime diapers.
  • Haven't used overnights.

Bumbo seat at 4 months.  Babies should have good head control and support before you use the seat.  No slumping babies.

• Never used overnight diapers with Maggie and the bumbo around 3.5-4 months.  Unless Warner has great neck control it might be a little early to try out the bumbo.
  • We started easing her into the Bumbo around 3.5 months. She really didn't like it too much at the beginning.

Haven't used overnight diapers yet. Pampers still seem to be doing the trick.

Photobucket
  • Two months is way too early.

Put away the bumbo for at least another month and a half.

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Still don't use overnights, but we started the bumbo early too - before she started daycare at 12 weeks, so maybe 9 weeks? We would do it for short periods of time and she had good head/neck control. She did not flop over. We didn't use it routinely until she was more like 3.5 months. Now her chubby little thighs get stuck.
  • We used the Bumbo seat around 4 months and have not used overnights yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"