Pregnant after 35

Emergency room adventure!

I woke up today around 6 to *searing* pain around my pelvic bone. ?My first thought was "Round ligaments. ?Awesome." ?I stretched into it, which didn't help, and waited for it to pass. ?One hour later it not only still hurt, but hurt so much I was throwing up.

Now, I have a pretty beefy pain threshold. ?It's actually caused problems now and then, when I wouldn't feel something as pain until my insides were practicaly spilling out onto the floor. ?I decided if it was making *me* lose my dinner, maybe it was time for a hospital trip. ?I woke up my husband and off we went.

Naturally, once I got to the hospital the pain started to ease up. ?Even so, it's better to check it out. ?It turned out that the scar tissue from my two ectopic surgeries was causing trouble, and kind of tearing. ?Not bad tearing, it's like the scars had stuck to spots in my abdomen, spots which were now stretching away and ripping the tissue a bit. ?The good news is now that it's split, it's more normal, so it shouldn't give me trouble again. ?The bad news is that really really hurt!

I got an ultrasound out of it, of course, and I always love that. ?The on-call doctor was funny and nice, and even tried to guess at the gender. ?The monster's legs were crossed, so all he came up with was "2/3 sure it's a girl, but don't go buy pink just yet."

I'm home, and a couple of tylenol let me sleep a bit. ?It hardly hurts now, my abdomen feels more bruised that anything else.

?

Wee!?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Emergency room adventure!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"