Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

OK so Randy's Steakhouse in Frisco HATES babies...loong

We went out to eat Saturday, I was so excited!  We've gone to Randy's Steak House before and it's  been awesome. 

We show up early for our Saturday reservation at 7:10 and wait to be seated.   She makes us sit in the foyer in the main lobby and as we are waiting...three other tables come in- each two to five people and are seated right away.  I've worked in the industry so naturally I'm like Hmmm.  that's weird.  The hostess then says that our table is ready and leads up this richety old staircase to an upstairs room (which is NOT the main restaurant and I didn't even know it existed).  We get upstairs and there is one other couple already seated with hmmm a baby. 

I KNOW they seated us upstairs because we had a toddler and they didn't want us in the main restaurant.  DH doesn't believe me so I make him go downstairs to check the open tables.  There are FIFTEEN open tables in the main restaurant when the hostess told me specifically that they were all full up and there was "no way" that we could sit in the main restaurant.  I was pissed.  But DH didn't want to make a scene so we stayed. 

We ended up having a great time with the couple upstairs as they were   banned just like us but when we got the bill....     OMG they charged us $79.00 for Alaskan King Crab.  I almost fainted.  Is this the market price??  My DH had ordered it but he expected it to be $30 at the most.  WTH??  I''m still mad.  I'm the type of girl that WILL complain about shiit like this but DH was so adamant about making a scene so I kept quiet.  I'm going to complain on their website if I can though, cause I can't let it go. 

I feel like we were robbed.  Randy of Randy's steakhouse might as well mugged us in the parking lot. 

/end vent.

I've been drinking a bit so please excuse the typos.  LOL.

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: OK so Randy's Steakhouse in Frisco HATES babies...loong

• Wow. I'm glad you ended up enjoying yourself anyway, well the part before the bill. Have fun composing what you are going to write on their website if you can.

DH would have been like you, wanting to say something. I am the opposite. I avoid confrontations pretty much at all cost.

• Wow, that really sucks.  DH and I have only been there once.  It was when I was pregnant and we had a great experience. Food was yummy.  Service was good. I also like the "ranch-house" style for ambience.

(Although...Randy came by our table when he found out where we work and visited with us for a while......he proceeded to tell us he had never dined at our Frisco location.  The next day, we told our boss of our experience, etc. he said Randy had been into the Frisco location during the first week of it's opening.  Why lie?  That's so stupid.)

• Loading the player...
  • That sucks! I've always wanted to go there but now not so much. There are way to many other awesome steakhouses in the metroplex to be treated that way and OMG $$$ for crab legs!
  • OMG. That is more than I paid for lobster at Del Frisco's. I hope those crab legs were dusted with gold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dude, I love crab legs ... and I'm willing to pay for them ... but $79?!!!!  That's insane!!! My letter would be lengthy and contain many explatives.  GL hon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Holy Crap!!! I am with Totty.. I Lurve me some Crab legs and have paid for them, But $79 bucks That is beyond belief. 

DH and I are on the same page most of the time.. I would have had to say something.. someone would have had to explain to me why we are upstairs with 15 open tables.  I am pretty easy going, but don't try to take advantage or else....

• I'm with flygeah, someone would have to be kissing my arse, cause i would go ballistic on someone if there were no reason (other than kids) for being upstairs and $79!!!  Those had better have been some crazy good crab legs with ample to take home...
  • imageflygeah:

Holy Crap!!! I am with Totty.. I Lurve me some Crab legs and have paid for them, But $79 bucks That is beyond belief. 

DH and I are on the same page most of the time.. I would have had to say something.. someone would have had to explain to me why we are upstairs with 15 open tables.  I am pretty easy going, but don't try to take advantage or else....

Oh, completely ditto this, except for the crab leg part (I haven't had crab legs for a long time so I don't know if I like them or not; the ones at Joe's Crab Shack scare me).  I would have been infuriated to have been seated AFTER several other parties arrived, especially with a reservation; seated in an upstairs, inconvenient room when there were open tables on the main floor and holy shnikeys I would have SCREAMED about the crab leg price.  What, are they financing "The Deadliest Catch" show or something?  I'm sorry, that's highway robbery and I would definitely complain.

And yes, my DH hates confrontation while I'm the one who sure as anything will speak out.  I've been in customer service entirely too long to tolerate being treated like crap, and I have no qualms about speaking out.  Much to the embarrassment of my DH, hee.

• Interesting that you posted this.  I haven't, myself, been to Randy's, but have friends that have.  They also have a toddler and were seated upstairs away from the main dining room.  I think they were there on a weeknight and complained, which got them moved to the main dining room which was essentially empty.  Oh, and $79 for crab legs is ridiculous.   
  • $79 is NUTS.  Did you ask them what the market price was?

• That's an insane price for crab legs! ?I'd definitely have said something about that.

Now, as far as being seated away from the main area because of kids....I'm totally in the minority here, but I'd have preferred to be seated away from others. ?My kid is at the age where she does NOT want to be in a high chair at a restaurant, and she's a monster if you let her out. ?Going out to eat with her right now is a nightmare (which is why we so rarely try it), so I'd have gladly taken a table away from others. ?But, I'm also the person who used to be seriously annoyed whenever I'd be seated near kids. ?I hated being around kids in restaurants. HAAAAATE. ?Which, hello, karma! ?This is my payback for shooting daggers at parents who bring their kids to nice restaurants :)?

• I'm jumping online real quick to answer.  He did NOT ask the market price before hand, but called afterwards and they quoted that price over the phone.  THey said it was 20 oz of lobster. 

I'm still pissed.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it now, but I'm so regretting listening to DH.  I should have thrown a fit.  The hostess was such a b*tch about it.  We are NEVER going back and I'm going to complain probably via letter. 

I wonder if I should mention that I'm telling all my friends with toddlers? 

ugh.  Now I'm mad again. 

I understand about the kids in a restaurant, but in this location there are smaller rooms OFF the main dining room that aren't all the way upstairs.  Seriously the room they had us in they had to turn on the lights and get special service up there. 

I'm going to SilverFox next time.

DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagedrunkenwife:

That's an insane price for crab legs!  I'd definitely have said something about that.

Now, as far as being seated away from the main area because of kids....I'm totally in the minority here, but I'd have preferred to be seated away from others.  My kid is at the age where she does NOT want to be in a high chair at a restaurant, and she's a monster if you let her out.  Going out to eat with her right now is a nightmare (which is why we so rarely try it), so I'd have gladly taken a table away from others.  But, I'm also the person who used to be seriously annoyed whenever I'd be seated near kids.  I hated being around kids in restaurants. HAAAAATE.  Which, hello, karma!  This is my payback for shooting daggers at parents who bring their kids to nice restaurants :) 

Ditto this exactly.

• BIG EDIT:  DH ordered the lobster tail, NOT the king crab that was $80.  but still- 20oz of fish for $80??  Is that normal?

• imagelizzyjames:

BIG EDIT:  DH ordered the lobster tail, NOT the king crab that was $80.  but still- 20oz of fish for $80??  Is that normal?

It's a total rip off, but yes, for a very nice steak house that is pretty average I think. That is a really big tail. I think I paid $50 for a 10-12oz tail the last time I had it.

• imagelizzyjames:

BIG EDIT:  DH ordered the lobster tail, NOT the king crab that was $80.  but still- 20oz of fish for $80??  Is that normal?

unfortunately, yes.  It's just not worth it, IMO.
  • If it was lobster that's a little more understandable. I still will not be going there after your story about being seated in the attic!
  • hee I sent a bitter email.  Ha.  No response.
  • I'm also in the minority. I would have loved to have my own private seating away from everyone else with my crazy DD!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"