Multiples

Anyone else get multiples from Clomid? - Question clarified on reply

I see in so many siggys that IVF, IUI, or spontaneous got you multiples.  My first round of 50mg Clomid worked a little better than we were expecting.  I read in so many online articles that the chance of multiples on Clomid was 10% (never mentioned the dosage), my doc said 15%.

Re: Anyone else get multiples from Clomid? - Question clarified on reply

• my twins are from clomid. I had 2 mature follies at IUI - both took.

Asking on here you'll obviuosly get pretty much a 100% "yes" rate for clomid and multiples, lol.... if you ask on SAIF though you'll see that tons of women get pg with clomid and have a singleton.  My son is one of those, too :) I only had one mature follie at IUI with him.

age also plays a role... clomid in your 20's = less of a chance... clomid in your 30's = more of a chance, etc.

• Ditto Goldie about answers you'll get on here. ;)
    I got pg my second round of Clomid 50mg. The stat I was told was 8% chance of multiples on Clomid. I'd believe 10%, but 15% seems really high unless that's, like Goldie mentioned, women over a certain age, other factors involved, etc.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe I worded my question wrong, not what percentage of those that used Clomid had multiples, but how many MoM's have multiples BECAUSE of Clomid being their only assistance.  KWIM?
  • Clomid and TI only here at 50 mg on my second try at that dosage.  I was told 6 % chance of twins if taken starting cd 5 and was higher if taken cd 3.  I took it starting cd5.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We did Clomid 100mg and IUI...had to do IUI due to male factor.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Mine are the result of clomid only.  It was my third cycle and I was on 150mg (high dosage).  We had several mature follicles. 

However, I also have several sets of fraternal twins in my family and most are fraternal boys (like mine). 

• imageJustaKidAtHeart:
    Clomid and TI only here at 50 mg on my second try at that dosage.  I was told 6 % chance of twins if taken starting cd 5 and was higher if taken cd 3.  I took it starting cd5.

Interesting! I did CD5-9, too.

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • I took Clomid for 3 cycles over a year ago and ovulated all 3 times but didnt get pregnant.  It took the added action of the IUI with 50 MG for pregnancy however I had less follicles than I did before and MH's sperm count was low, I guess it was just meant to be this time.  My RE told me there was an 8% chance of multiples with Clomid.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also did 5-9 and read that the chance of multiples chance was higher 3-7.  I read, and dont' know if it's true or not, that 3-7 produces more but weaker, 5-9 produces fewer but stronger.
  • both of my pregnancies were clomid 100mg CD3-7.... one a singleton, one twins.... so who knows :)

IMO- it's a 50/50 shot, lol... you either get multiples or you don't :)

• My twins are from our first try with Clomid (50 mg, CD 5-9).  We were told 7% chance of multiples.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also  got pregnant our first round of clomid (50mg CD 3-7).  It was such a surprise for us.  We really thought it would take a few rounds atleast. We are expecting twin boys come this fall.
  • I was originally PG w/ triplets (we lost our 3rd around 9wks) on 50 mg Clomid, trigger shot and timed intercourse.

ETA: we did 4-8.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"