Success after IF

Anyone have IF with #1, but not #2

I have PCOS...DD was conceived on my 3rd round of Femara. I did not Ovulate at all in the time prior to that...not even on Clomid.
DH and I are TTC #2 and I have an appointment with my Dr. to discuss Femara again. I just came off the pill and today on CD 18 I got a positive OPK.  I am so excited (I know the chances of getting PG are slim).
Please pray that this can happen on its own.

Did anyone use meds for #1 but not #2 or more?

Re: Anyone have IF with #1, but not #2

• di0607di0607 member
    Yep! This totally happen to us! We were on our first month of not trying but not avoiding either. No charting, no opk's. I have no idea when I o'ed (so now I have a minor mess on my hands (look for a post above this).
  • CMM05CMM05 member

Kind of......

We conceived DS through IUI with injects. The month before we conceived him, we got PG on our own (I was on Met.....), but m/c at 5.5 weeks.....

When DS was around 6-7 mos, I went back on the PCOS diet and my cycles became regular and I noticed I was ovulating. We got PG, but had a m/c at 10.5 weeks.......

After my D&C, we went back to the RE who put me on 1000mg of Met and asked us to wait a couple cycles. The month that I was waiting for my AF to start so we could do treatments, we got PG! So.....I was on the Met, but that was it. We are now almost 16 weeks PG!

GL!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We've only got #1 on the way, but I wanted to say it was good to see you around again Heather! ? I remember you from T-TTC. ? Congrats on trying for #2. ? You'll see a lot of surprise BFP #2 stories from the girls around here. ?

Best of luck to you!
    Melissa

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• This happened to us.  We got pg with twins through IVF after 3 failed IUIs.  We haven't been avoiding but not really trying either, though a few months ago we did talk about trying for #3.  Shock of all shocks, we got pg on our own.
  • IVF and a very grim diagnosis of sucky ovaries with #1.?

Was told to wean early if we wanted even a slight chance of having #2.

Weaned at 8 months, ovulated my first cycle post-weaning, and whammo.... meet Jason.

My DH's theory was that pregnancy can re-set the body so he wanted to try the old fashioned way for 6 months prior to returning to the RE.

Turns out he was right.

I also got a recent diagnosis of endo. ?It was never really even discussed much when TTC #1. ? Pregnancy surpresses endo and makes all of my experiences (trouble with #1 and ease with #2) make logical physiological sense.

GL to you! ?I hope you can avoid the heart ache of TTTC this time around.

Shell?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • about what howleyshell's DH said..my OB (MFM) said the same thing...he told me that i should think about BC, even though i couldn't get pg on my own before..yeah right i thought ;) lo and behold..here we are :)?
    Ron and Nora married 6.3.06 21 cycles, 1 m/c, 4 rounds clomid, 1 round gonal f and 3 IUI anovulatory cycles, LPD
    Joey, Ronnie, and Audrey,
    my awesome IUI 30 week twins, and my surprise miracle Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LOVE my SAIF ladies :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie 2nd Birthday TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers My Blog!
  • Yep, I also have PCOS and had trouble conceiving DD, but with DS I was in a medical study for PCOS but not getting any hormones, etc.  My doc said he's seen a lot of cases where pcos is somewhat 'corrected' after the first baby....not sure how true it is but it was for me.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yep!  We tried for 2 years with #1...i kept having ectopics and i didn't always ovulate.  Finally had a successful one with clomid.

And...6 mos after DD was born...i'm prego! Oops...but i only have one ovary and tube, and with my prior issues i NEVER thought it would be this easy.

GL!

• care99care99 member
    Yes, I have PCOS as well-never got AF or ovulated after coming off the pill.  I never ovulated on Clomid, so we moved to IVF and were successful the first round.  I BF for a year and got AF a month or so after weaning.  Never got it again......instead got preggo!  I'm due in about 2 months.  Good luck to you-it does happen!
  • Very true for me. We got pg with #2 only a couple of months after having our 1st and it took us two years w/injections.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"