Infertility

D&C tomorrow, any advice?

It's late but I can't sleep. I'm too nervous. For those that have had one, what can I expect? I'm expecting cramping and some uncomfortableness (is that a word?? Ha!) but I'm hoping that's it.
DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
There's No Crying in Baseball
***My posts are always SAIFW**

Re: D&C tomorrow, any advice?

• I made mine a much bigger deal than it needed to be. The procedure itself was a breeze bc I was knocked out! I had them give me some nausea meds before the anesthesia so I wouldn't be sick afterwords.

The first night I pretty much slept. The next few days I started spotting and bleeding, but that was it. I didn't really need any pain meds other than Tylenol.

GL! You'll do great!

• Thank you, that's good to hear. I always get nervous before any surgery I have mostly due to one that went bad (not IF related, back when I was 16) and I didn't come out of the anesthesia. No repeats on that please!
    DX PCOS w/IR 01/08.
    Currently pg with our 1st after 6.5 yrs of IF (thank you IVF)

My IF/Everything Blog
    There's No Crying in Baseball
    ***My posts are always SAIFW**
  • Loading the player...
  • I always had problems with anesthesia in the past, and told the anestesiolgist (sp) that this time and he was AWESOME. They gave me the nausea meds like I said and knocked my out just enough to be asleep for the procedure and wake easily when they were finished. A lot had changed in the anestesia world since my last surgery (about 10 years ago).

The anestesia was the part that got me so worked up and honestly was the best part of the whole thing. I felt goooooood, hahaa!

• I'm sorry that you have to go through that, but I am wishing you a speedy recovery and minimal pain. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The d&c was the easiest part of my m/c.  I didn't have any cramping or uncomfortableness and could have gone to work the next day.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  ((( BIG HUGS )))
    TTC #1 w/ endo since Sept 2005. After many losses, a lap, tons of meds and tons of testing and, one failed IVF cycle, we were blown away with a surprise, sticky BFP...it's a girl!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I agree.WIth being sedated, the procedure was painless. Some spotting afterwards,but nothing big.  Talk to the anestesia dr. Hecan find the right med to keep you comfortable and still wake up!  G/L and so sorry you are going through this!
  • I don't have any advice but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you have to go through this and good luck!
  • bring a couple pads- they will give you one but they are usually really bulky.

it isn't that bad- good luck

• jenickjenick member

Awwww Rach...I'm so sorry it came to this.  :(  It really was not as bad as I thought it would be either.  The most uncomfortable part was when they had to dialate me with this stupid seaweed stick.  The clamp on the cervix wasn't fun, but it was quick. 

I think I was at the hospital a total of 7 hours but I had some delays because having to wait to dialate as well as wait for blood typing to get my rogham shot. 

Recovery was ok.  I had a little cramping but not much.  I spotted for about 2 days and that was it.  All in all, it was pretty easy.  If you need to talk, I'll be around after 7:30 tonight. 

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"