Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Keeping toddler out of baby's crib??

Our two year old and 7 month old share a room. Until two days ago, it hasn't been a problem. Our toddler has figured out how to climb into the crib, which of course wakes the baby and all h%ll breaks loose.

Would a crib tent keep him out? We only have two bedrooms in our house so spliting them up in not an option. I have also tried extra soothing before bed in hopes that he falls right asleep. no luck.

any advice would be great.

TIA!

Re: Keeping toddler out of baby's crib??

• Options

Is your 2 y/o waking the baby up and climbing in for funsies or does the 2 y/o think the baby needs something?

• Options

I am pretty sure the the toddler is climbing in there for fun. He also turns on the fisher price rainforest thing (which I have now taken out).

He also is wanting to climb in the PNP all the time. I am wondering if this is a degression thing and he wants the security of the crib again... He is in a toddler bed and not a regular bed.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My first reaction is to try a crib tent.

My second is that you are on to something with the regression and I have no advice on how to fix that.  I'll think for/with you...

• Options
    Can the 7 mo old sleep in the PNP and the 2 year old in the crib?  Just to show him that he can still be the baby?  I would hope he would not want to sleep in the crib and then things could be back to normal again.
  • Options

Can you put the baby to bed after the toddler is already sleeping?? I assume you meant he does this after you put them both down.  After hes already sleeping, woul dhe wake up to do that?  THis way after a while he might forget.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"