EP weaning — The Bump
Breastfeeding

EP weaning

I am at 4 pumps weaning down to 3 then hopefully down to 2 pumps by the end of june. I have an oversupply and I am emotionally and physically done EPing. I was hoping to make it to a year but 6 months will be it for me.( plus I still have 3 months worth in the freezer ) I still have guilt about this but I need to do it. It was not so bad when I went back to work but I am off for the summer and want to enjoy my daughter and not be hooked up to a pump and toating the pump around with us everywhere all summer ... ANYWAYS wow, that came out of no where , my point and my questions is how do I prevent clogs during this. When I went down from 10 to 8 then 6 then 5 then 4 I had no problems when I did it slowly by decreasing the time at the cut out pump until it was gone. But going to 3 I am having some serious pain and clogs. Any ideas ?  

Re: EP weaning

• just gradually cut the minutes down a week before you plan to drop that pump session. doing things slowly is the key. I weaned every pump session with no clogs and no pain. (i just finished EPing last week).

so for a week or two (if you have a LOT of milk) just gradually cut a few minutes each day to the session you are dropping. by doing it gradually- you are signalling your body that you dont need to make as much.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards