Washington Babies

My child is going to be the death of me...

You will see it on King 5 tonight. The headline will be:

"30 Year-Old Mother of One, Dies on Her Birthday at the Hands of a Sinister 2-Month Old Infant."

OMG SERIOUSLY?? I have not slept! At least not longer than an hour at a time, with at least an hour of feeding, burping, and soothing inbetween. He woke up every.single.stinking.hour last night. So far today, he's had one 30 minute nap and one 15 minute nap. Every time I think he's asleep, and go to put him down, he screams at me. I am dying here!!

Where did my angel go?? He doesn't have a fever.....

(and DH is at work until 4:45, so I am all by myself!) Crying

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

Re: My child is going to be the death of me...

• :(  Hang in there!  Hopefully DH will come through for you big time on your b-day and let you get some rest! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dont worry, its totally normal! He will get in a routine soon! Does he like any of the carriers? Maybe you could wear him and he might sleep longer, or at least you might be able to get a break from holding him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It's absolutely ridiculous what these little babies put us through!   Can you take a nap with him? Will he sleep on your chest or anything?  Ben loved to sleep in the Moby on me.  That got us some rest around here.

And tonight, can your DH get up with him a few times to give you some rest?  Or at least let you go to bed at 8 and have DH take the shift until midnight?

• DS will have one or two rough nights, then he'll sleep really good.  Sleep deprivation is the hardes part of the first 3 months!    I don't think anyone can you prepare you for how hard it is!  Just remember that this is such a short phase in their life and that it will get better!  Just try to nap when he does!  every little bit helps!  I remember one night when Hannah was a newborn, I think she slept for 1 1/2 hours.  i thought I was going to die! 

I've decided that I'd never make a good spy.  If I was every captured, all they'd have to do is keep me up a few hours past my bedtime and I'd tell them anything they want to know!

~Susan Mommy to H 08.07.06, and G 10.11.08, m/c(d&c) 08.10.05 13wks image
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My Pregnancy blog
  • pearly1pearly1 member

Drink more mojitos. Maybe it'll filter through to your breast milk and calm him down. :) j/k.?

Sorry you're having a hard day. :(?

• imagepearly1:

Drink more mojitos. Maybe it'll filter through to your breast milk and calm him down. :) j/k. 

Sorry you're having a hard day. :( 

my mom said her doctor told her to drink whiskey if she had a colicky baby.  So maybe it would work!  :)

• Ugh, Katie, I'm so sorry! I remember one evening when Max N was about that age and DH was working really late (had been gone since 4:45am, and wouldn't be home until after 9pm) and Max was pulling that same stuff and I was so frustrated I was in tears. I second trying a carrier or wrap if that will work for him, at least then you can have your hands free. Sleep deprivation is SO hard, I wish I lived closer, I would come hold him for you so you could get a nap at least!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • I'll come over and take care of him if you come to my house and deal with my in-laws! 

Hopefully things get better and you have a good birthday night!

Also known as *BreeBree13* Stupid bump keeps logging me in under my old name!
  • Do you have a Moby wrap? I'll bring mine on Thur and you can try it out if you'd like. I SO wish I would have got mine when Isabelle was tiny.

We've all be there! Isabelle had a stage where I was thinking having a baby was the worst idea I'd ever had. It was just a couple weeks and shes been a dream ever since. Hang in there!! 

• My mom told that back in the 70's, in Sri Lanka, her doc told her to drink beer while breasfeeding. My DH says that explains a LOT :-)
  • KNemoKNemo member

I cannot believe that he is still awake, but at least he is quietly awake and laying on daddy. He just wasn't having any of the usual tricks.

I would love to try your Moby Justine. He hates the sling I have for him, but I think that it is because it is an infant sling and he has recently developed a loathing for having his face covered. Makes nursing in public fun, fun, fun.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Hugs honey.... Sleep deprivation sucks :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"