North Carolina Babies

Finally announcing Jack's birth!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post a birth announcement. I've meant to do it several times over the last couple of weeks, but I'm not sure where the time gets to every day.

Anyway, I'm excited to say our sweet baby boy, Jack Alexander, arrived on his due date, 5/13/09 at 9:24am. He weighed 8 lbs, 1oz, was 19.5 inches long and in great health. We are so in love with our little boy and being a mother is even better than I could have imagined! 

As planned, I went in the hospital on 5/12/09 for an induction and was already 3 cm dilated. When checking me, the dr. accidentally broke my water, so we didn't have to do the foley bulb and pitocin was started early. 

Long story short, after 12+ hours of labor, I never advanced past 3 cm. and the contractions were not agreeing with Jack. His heartrate kept dropping with the Pitocin. At about 9am the following morning, Jack's heartrate dropped drastically and we had to be rushed in for an emergency c-section. When they pulled him out, the cord was tangled all around his body - which was why the contractions were causing his heartrate to drop. It was a very scary ordeal for us, but the important thing was that they got him out safely and he is doing wonderful.

I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture, so I hope to share some soon!

Re: Finally announcing Jack's birth!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"