Indiana Babies
Options

crunchy clean users

Do you ever have issues getting your whites white? Or do your clothes just not get as clean, period?

I know on CC's website she mentions adding a squirt of blue Dawn or Bacout to boost cleaning power. I'm wondering if I should start doing that - my clothes just aren't getting very clean.

Ideas? If it's important, I have a HE front loader.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: crunchy clean users

• Options
    I am just using the CD one.  I used the regular one, but it never got my clothes very clean...so I don't use that anymore.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    Me too. Not clean clothes. K calls it crunchydirty :-/ 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one! I was starting to think I was missing something obvious.
  • Options

Shawn and I had this conversation 15 minutes ago and I was just coming here to post this.  Weird.  Our white are dingy too and I just started noticing it a few weeks ago.

I'm trying to decide what detergent to use on diapers now...

• Options
    imageshauna060708:

Shawn and I had this conversation 15 minutes ago and I was just coming here to post this.  Weird.  Our white are dingy too and I just started noticing it a few weeks ago.

I'm trying to decide what detergent to use on diapers now...

I'm out of CC diaper detergent now, but I love Purex Free & Clear...it's cheap and it's rated high on the CD detergent list  :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    TTC #2 since 9/09 --- mild PCOS; Endometriosis
    IUI x4 = BFN
    IVF = sometime in 2012
  • Options
    Not clean like not white, or not clean like smelly?  I use this with lights/whites to keep them bright, and it works well.  If you're talking smelly, though, I'm not sure, I've never had a real issue there.
    Mother's Day, 2011
  • Options
    And a caution about using Dawn if you're using CDs too....Dawn is really good at stripping out buildup (it's that grease fighting power) but it's also super, super sudsy which can lead to more buildup issues later on down the line.  So I'd be really cautious using it if you were going to CD as well.
  • Options

yeah, i wouldn't use dawn regilarly.  i imagine that it is harsh on clothes, too.

we use all small & mighty free & clear for diapers and clothes.

Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options

imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:
    Not clean like not white, or not clean like smelly?  I use this with lights/whites to keep them bright, and it works well.  If you're talking smelly, though, I'm not sure, I've never had a real issue there.

OMG the puppy on the packaging alone is enough to convince me to try that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetriumphantreturnofplanningbug:

Both. Not clean, as in minor dirt & spots still there. Smelly, as in anything I was wearing on a hot day smells sweaty.

I think I may just stop using it on my regular clothes. No need to spend the extra money when I can buy something cheaper and more effective, and that my husband is not freaked out by. :)

• Options
    Oh crap, I just got a large bag in last week to use on our regular clothes Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"