Infertility
Options

Insurance requirement

My insurance covers diagnostic, but do you think I need a referral to see an RE or can I just make an appointment?  I don't have an OB/GYN in Washington yet (just moved from Michigan), so getting a referral could potentially be a big PITA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Insurance requirement

• Options

My ins covered me after a referral from my OB.

GL!

• Options
    It really depends on your insurance. My insurance covers diagnostic as well, and I don't need a referral as long as the RE is in network. So we just called and made an appointment.
    TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what the deal is.  I found an RE that is in network, so it will be awesome if they don't need a referral.  If they do, I will just cross my fingers that my Michigan ob/gyn will be willing to refer me.  She was willing to refer me to someone in Michigan, but I don't know if the "rules" change when you move out of state.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejlcrane78:
    I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what the deal is.  I found an RE that is in network, so it will be awesome if they don't need a referral.  If they do, I will just cross my fingers that my Michigan ob/gyn will be willing to refer me.  She was willing to refer me to someone in Michigan, but I don't know if the "rules" change when you move out of state.

Good luck! I was nervous about this too since we recently moved to AL and I don't have an OBGYN here yet either. 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    That may be why I needed the referral. My ins covers us 100% at the hospital my DH works at. The hospital my RE is at is literally 2 blocks down the street but is considered out of network which means I had to have a referral. My ins still covers us 90% there though so I can't really complain.
  • Options
    Call your ins co and ask
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"