Adoption

First Post Placement Visit

We are required by NJ/NY laws to have a 2 week visit (which actually was a 4 week visit), 2 mo, 4 mo and 6 mo then finalization.

It lasted about an hour and a half, she asked us general questions about the birth parent situation, about his development and routine, and how we were doing as a couple. I don't know if I said anything on here but Grant is developing much quicker than his peers in certain areas. For example, at three weeks he was able to roll over from tummy to back and now at a month old he does it quickly and is now trying to go from his back to his tummy, he also holds himself up well and is trying to crawl (oh my), tracks far-away objects, smiles (not a full smile but he does this straight line dimple smile when he is 'tickled'), and of course he eats like a horse!

Also we have two more weeks before BF's rights are terminated.

That is all. Just wanted to continue to share the journey to finalization which should be what we are thankful for this thanksgiving!

Re: First Post Placement Visit

• we have post 'placement' visits every week! it funny how much more relaxed i was at that last visit than I was when she was at my house for our home study interview/inspection :)

You have one smart boy there! I think our G-man will be advanced too Wink but I can't imagine him rolling over by next week! Crazy!!

• WOW he IS advanced.  My kids didn't roll until 5 months haha.  Go Grant!  GL with everything hes just a doll baby! =)

"I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two. -Bob Constantine

"All for Love,' a Saviour prayed 'Abba Father have Your way. Though they know not what they do...Let the Cross draw men to You...."

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatiejo11:

we have post 'placement' visits every week! it funny how much more relaxed i was at that last visit than I was when she was at my house for our home study interview/inspection :)

You have one smart boy there! I think our G-man will be advanced too Wink but I can't imagine him rolling over by next week! Crazy!!

Okay every week would annoy me. I mean, we spent most of the time just talking about 'nothing'. It was nice and all to tell her our story and to share G with her but every week of that?

I know what you mean about not being nervous at all. In fact, when she came we were both busy and so, because our front door is glass, we just waved her to come on in without greeting her officially lol

I did do a little clean up of the house but I'm just OCD about that kind of thing with company anyway.

• Congrats! Sounds like things are moving along nicely :)
  • He DOES sound very advanced...that is fantastic!

We had visits at 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks and then every month since placement (and until finalization).  The visits are much the same, just really quick updates about all the little things going on.  It seems there is less and less to report...we started out at 45 minute visits and are now down closer to 15-20 mins.  We are getting SO antsy for finalization!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"