Houston Babies

Announcing my candidacy

...for Worst Mother of the Year. ?We've had a lot of these posts lately and I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. ?

?My 5 week old baby has a sunburn! ?Ugh. ?We spent the whole day at an outdoor birthday party. ?It was overcast, windy, and cold. ?I kept Calla wrapped in a blanket all day and she mostly just slept in my arms. ?Her face was uncovered so she could breathe. ?It wasn't until we got inside this evening that I realized her face was sunburned! The whole thing is bright red. ?It pains me to look at. ?Worst mom ever.

Re: Announcing my candidacy

• I was that way too when DS got his first sunburn!

won't be their last, I'm sure.

I'd like to announce my candidacy as well! Today, at another nestie's house, i stood by the moonwalk and talked to her daughter while watching my son run behind the swingset after the ball. he was smart enough to run in between the swings while going behind them, but just turned around and walked right into the girl swining on the double swing! and all I could say was "watch out, baby!" until it knocked him down. I don't even remember how i got over to him but i do remember in mid-run, that DS tried to get up and the swing came back again and knocked his head backwards to which i started screaming thinking that it hurt his neck.

DS was just freaked out and shaken up- but not hurt. black eye and bloody mouth (still don't know where the blood came from)- but he doesn't even remember it. I was so non-proactive! dang it.

side note: the sweet little girl swinging felt sooo bad- i was shaking and had to tell her that it was ok, i was not upset with her and it was not her fault. DS didn't know better and I didn't act fast enough to move him. but she apologized a LOT.

• You poor thing! ?I hope she's doing ok. ?Mom guilt is the worst.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"