Cincinnati Babies
Options

buzz kill

At my appointment yesterday I was still not dilated at all and only 50% effaced, have been like this since 37 weeks.  I was so dissapointed b/c I was sure I would hear something different.  I've been walking and some other stuff Wink to get some progress started.  If you had a similiar situation when did you deliver and did you have to be induced?

thanks

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: buzz kill

• Options
    kel716kel716 member

At 38 weeks I was completely closed.  At 39 weeks, I was 1 cm/ 50% eff.  I think he stripped my membranes and didn't tell me because I contracted like crazy that night and lost my mp.  At 40 weeks I was 3 cm/ 75% eff and way over being preggo.  I was measuring large (DS was 8.13), and I opted for the induction.  However, I was not willing to talk induction until 40 weeks unless it was medically necessary because I do believe, to some level, that babies come when they're ready.  I think if I had waited, DS would have come on his own and my labor may have been shorter (15.5 hours from the time the pit went in)

Maybe ask him to strip your membranes if you go back?  That might help get things moving without "forcing" the issue. 

Also, every woman is different... you may go from nearly no progress to full blown labor in a matter of hours. 

::sending you labor dust::!!!

• Options
    Just a piece of encouragement my best friend had her check up on a Friday (her due date) & she was not dilated at all & I don't think at all effaced either. On Saturday we met up for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory & she went into labor on the way home that night. The baby was born the next afternoon. They had already scheduled an induction for her the following week.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JLPT830JLPT830 member
    On my due date I had an appt.  I was 50% effaced and had been so for awhile.  I wasn't dilated AT ALL.  I reluctantly made my 41 week appt and went home.  At 3am my water broke and I was admitted around 8am.  The admitting nurse said she generously charted I was a half centimeter dilated.  DS was born at 10:16pm.  I didn't need pitocin until a few hours after the epidural when progress stalled around 6cm.  Hang in there!
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Aww...i understand no change can be a bummer but you can go from nothing to in labor quickly.  Each baby and person is different.  I was 3cm at my 39week and was induced 2 days later for personal reasons so can't help you on the rest.  Good luck!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options
    I agree...just because you have no progress yet, doesn't mean something won't happen soon.  At my 40 week appointment I was 3 cm and 70% effaced, but didn't go into labor on my own and had to be induced.  I know how miserable you probably are, but just hang in there!  Either way, induced or not, you'll only be pregnant 1 more week at most....and then at some point you'll most likely look back and miss being pregnant!  Good luck!
  • Options
    I completely understand that buzzkill.  I was fingertip dilated at 35 weeks and stayed that way the rest of the time.  I kept expecting something, anything to show progress at every appointment.  I went home crying after my 40 week appointment.  It is disappointing.  I refused induction until my BPP came back questionable at 41 weeks.  I went into my induction at the hospital in full labor (I had no clue and thought it was BH again), 3 cm when I arrived, having contractions peaking over 100 on the monitor every 2 minutes.  Woohoo for natural labor!  I was thinking I was incapable of getting that baby out on my own.  FWIW, I had a friend who was 0 dilated and no effacement at her 40 week appt.  She went home around 2 pm very upset, and planning for an induction.  Baby was born vaginally at 9 that night.  You do not need to have advance progress and it can all happen in a matter of hours.  Good luck!  Wishing you happy and quick labor and delivery!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was a 1/2 cent, 0% effaced if the doctor was being "generous" at my 39 and 40 week appointments.  I went into labor at 40 weeks 6 days on my own and delivered vaginally with no pitocin.  It can happen so hang in there!
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At 39 weeks and 6 days I was barely 1 cm dilated and she had not dropped at all. ?I was scheduled for an induction b/c of gestational diabetes, so they checked us in and gave me cervadil. ?The next day I still had not dilated, so the cervadil didn't work. ?However, I got up to go the bathroom at like 7 and my water broke which sent me into intense labor. ?I dilated 3cm in an hour. ?They started me on Pitocin later that day as planned and by 5:12 Olivia was born, after an hour of pushing. ??
  • Options
    Yep totally agree with everyone --things can happen fast and when they are ready. I was barely 1cm 50% at my 38 week appt, lost my MP the next day, and then my water broke at 39 weeks (a week ago today). When I got the hospital I was only 1cm still and 75%. When they started the pit I was 2cm and 90%. An hour and a half later I was 9cm and 100%. best of luck!! We will be thinking about you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was nothing when my water broke and I was a week overdue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"