2nd Trimester
Options

How to choose a stroller?

How are you making your decisions?  There are so many to choose from!

Re: How to choose a stroller?

• Options
    Started with Baby Bargains, then test drove our favorites and then picked.  It really wasn't that hard, although we did end up with something completely different than what we'd picked out based on reading alone.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    looked at ratings and then compared the two best in our price range. decided to go with the chicco cortina travel system. definitely had to check them out/compare them in person, much more sturdy, imo, than graco.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went with recommendations, and ended up looking at a Graco and a Chicco at BRU. We shook them, pulled them apart and folded them up, and messed with them, much to the weird looks from other shoppers.
  • Options
    We went into the store to test them out. We really liked the Chicco Cortina, and I have a cousin who has the same one and loves it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

we decided after playing with every demo stroller we could get our hands on lol.  it really helped a lot to play with them in the store to know how easy a certain kind folds, etc.  and to be able to recognize an easy folding stroller when we found one. 

we got a graco metrolite at yard sale and this thing is awesome!  not too heavy, folds with one hand, and has tons of storage.  

• Options
    I thought the Baby Bargains chapter on strollers was very helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We started with Baby Bargains and a lot of looking around on the street at strollers and online. Then, after reading the reviews and talking to people, we chose our top picks based on qualities important to us (all terrain wheels, higher seat, multi handle bar positions, large basket, folding mechanism). We then went and test drove our faves on 3 different occasions. Total about 4 hours. We finally ended up with the UppaBaby Vista 2009. Love it!
  • Options

imageMrs.Husband:
    We started with Baby Bargains and a lot of looking around on the street at strollers and online. Then,?after reading the reviews and talking to people, we chose?our top picks based on qualities important to us (all terrain wheels, higher seat, multi handle bar positions, large basket, folding mechanism)

I also did all of this and after carful review the Bugaboo felt the best to us! ?It just had everything I was looking for and to top it off they had bright colors which I wanted so that just happened to be a plus. ?We live in South Florida and I love bright colors.?

• Options

I checked out what I could at the store and I've done a TON of research online. After looking at what our needs/ wants were I determined that there was no way one stoller would meet all of our requirements. Thus, we are going to have two strollers.

For the stoller we pretty much always keep at home we got a Bumbleride Queen B. It is perfect for walking around our urban neighborhood, but it is large and heavy so we won't put it in the car much at all. It has an awsome toddler seat which turns the pram into a great double stroller.

As our mall/ travel/ indoor use stroller I am almost 100% set on the Peg Perego P3. It is lightweight and folds compactly. Compared to a lot of other strollers I tested the P3 does not feel rickety or junky. It has a kiddie board on the back for an older sibling to ride on. This feature is important to me as we plan to have more kids and I want this purchase to last.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imagedansozzi:

imageMrs.Husband:
    We started with Baby Bargains and a lot of looking around on the street at strollers and online. Then, after reading the reviews and talking to people, we chose our top picks based on qualities important to us (all terrain wheels, higher seat, multi handle bar positions, large basket, folding mechanism)

I also did all of this and after carful review the Bugaboo felt the best to us!  It just had everything I was looking for and to top it off they had bright colors which I wanted so that just happened to be a plus.  We live in South Florida and I love bright colors. 

You'll love it!  We bought a Bug with baby #1 and it is still in perfect shape for baby #2 due in Sept.  We are just going to add the riding board for our 2.5 yo.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"