North Carolina Babies

Someone talk me down...

From posting a response to my step-mom's sister on facebook....for those not on facebook...basically my Dad told me I was a bad mom for wanting to stay home this weekend and take a break while DH takes the kids to NC to visit family, its turned into this crazy ordeal now, and this is what my stepmom's sister had to say...

David don't you know that the me generation wants everyone else to do their job and feel sorry for them because they have to do something when they can't get someone else to do it. I just don't get it they have no job or money but can run up and down the road. If I don't have it then I keep my butt home. And I wouldn't take my little one off the day after tubes being put in his ears.

She has NO clue what she's talking about. ?First off I've already asked his doctor and she said that he was FINE to travel. ?She said he'd be ok to travel the SAME day...that he'll probably leave the surgery feeling better then he did going into it. ?Secondly, my MIL offered to pay the gas for DH to come visit this weekend because she wants to take the grandkids to a family wedding. ?and Thirdly...what is this CRAP about the "me" generation and not wanting to do our job?!

Ok I think I feel better now and can resist the urge to drive to GA and smack her silly!?

Re: Someone talk me down...

• I was just reading all of that on facebook and was debating commenting but I couldn't figure out something to say in response!! I'm sorry she jumped down your throat...you deserve time off too! u didnt say your husband doesn't help or doesn't deserve time off...but its for his family's family wedding and your inlaws sound liek they will help out a lot so why not have them go down there. IS your dad just mad that he wotn get to see the kids cuz u aren't going? Just ignore them and dont fuel them or they sound like they will keep at it!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Just...wow.  What's her problem?  I'd have to be held back from telling her to mind her own business!

Take a deep breath, and check out the site someecards.com.  That site always cracks me up - I'm sure you'll be able to find something fitting that you'd just LOVE to send to her!  LOL!

• Loading the player...
  • DH WAS planning on taking the kids to see my family...not so sure now ;)
  • Honestly, I would just let it go.  I think the fact that it is playing out publically on the Interwebs is making it worse for everyone.

I don't agree with your Dad's thinking, but I think putting it out there for everyone to see is just exasperating the situation and inviting others to chime in when they aren't getting the whole story.

Sorry you are having to deal with this, but I think it is time to just ignore the FB comments and talk it out privately.  Good luck!

• Yeah, I saw that too... I'm sorry your family feels the need to do this to you, and I absolutely don't agree with their opinions. You shouldn't feel guilty for wanting to take a break, and that "me generation" stuff is total crap. I agree that you should stop commenting on FB about it, and just deal with it between you and your DH. It really isn't their business, and they should butt out. If they won't on their own, I'd just quit involving them in that decision making process (by not posting anything else about it, and not responding to their posts)... I'm sorry it has you feeling bad. *hugs*

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I had just read all that on your FB page. I wanted to say something, but didn't know how to quite form a response that would be appropriate.

EDIT: I totally agree with pps that you should just ignore them regarding the situation at this point. It's not their decision at all.

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• I think you should "unfriend" this person on FB. What a biatch.
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Did she comment this on your wall?? Did she realize you could read it? If there is anyone to delete it or hide/ignore it, I would, and I would not respond to anything. That is horrible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't gotten a chance to read the latest on FB, but I did read some.  I think it's probably time to just talk to your dad privately.  I wouldn't respond to that person who wrote that.  It's none of her business and she was being extremely judgemental. 
  • Is your dad normally this judgemental, immature, and unsupportive?  Sorry that is harsh but so were all of the things he said on your FB page.

We would be having a serious "come to Jesus" meeting because that is totally inappropriate.

• imageECUPirate04:

Is your dad normally this judgemental, immature, and unsupportive?? Sorry that is harsh but so were all of the things he said on your FB page.

Yes he is...and I guess I was hoping he had outgrown that. ?But an old friend of mine reminded me last night that this is very typical of my father and to just let it go and if he doesn't understand then its his problem. ?

I wish I could delete the person that left the nasty comment, but unfortunately its my step mom's sister, so ?I'll probably get more backtalk if I do. ?I'm so amused that she's judging me this way when HER son left his wife and 2 kids because he didn't want to deal with it and NEVER sees his kids....and I'm judged for taking a 3 day break....WITH doctor approval for Jeremiah to travel. ?LOL! ?Oh well! ?More power to them!

• imageMrsJones2005:
    imageECUPirate04:

Is your dad normally this judgemental, immature, and unsupportive?  Sorry that is harsh but so were all of the things he said on your FB page.

Yes he is...and I guess I was hoping he had outgrown that.  But an old friend of mine reminded me last night that this is very typical of my father and to just let it go and if he doesn't understand then its his problem.  

I wish I could delete the person that left the nasty comment, but unfortunately its my step mom's sister, so  I'll probably get more backtalk if I do.  I'm so amused that she's judging me this way when HER son left his wife and 2 kids because he didn't want to deal with it and NEVER sees his kids....and I'm judged for taking a 3 day break....WITH doctor approval for Jeremiah to travel.  LOL!  Oh well!  More power to them!

Wow!  I'm sorry you have to deal with all of that.  Don't worry about it or them.  Take care!

• imageEvans:

Honestly, I would just let it go.  I think the fact that it is playing out publically on the Interwebs is making it worse for everyone.

I don't agree with your Dad's thinking, but I think putting it out there for everyone to see is just exasperating the situation and inviting others to chime in when they aren't getting the whole story.

Sorry you are having to deal with this, but I think it is time to just ignore the FB comments and talk it out privately.  Good luck!

Ditto this, I think the FB thing is getting out of control and making matters worse. Let it go.

• I am so sorry you are having to deal with this MrsJones. I would talk to your dad about in privately, if you want to work it out with him. From you previous post though, sounds like he is unreasonable. Best of luck to you!
  • I would deal with it in private. But I did see that response and almost posted something really nasty.

And seriously, I would delete her as your friend...obviously, she's not. And who cares if she's a relative...I wouldn't want to have to see that immaturity all the time...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"