Houston Babies
Options

Moms of girls

how do you store you hairbows?

crazy question, i know

Re: Moms of girls

• Options
    Are you talking about barrette/clippy things?  Or just ribbons?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    all things hair related really
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Maren received a plastic tote case full of hair accessories for her birthday one year.  It's sort of like a smallish Caboodles case.  Remember those?

In any case, it has a removable top tray and a big open bottom.  It's been great to use as a storage place for barrettes, headbands, elastics, sashes, etc - and it doesn't take up a lot of space. Plus it can be closed so Blake (and the cats) can't get into it.

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

I make these. You can get the monkeys (or zebras, worms, ladybugs, etc) for less then a buck at Micheal's, add some ribbon and voila! a bow holder. Or I take a small canvas (4"x4") and paint it then add a couple ribbons. We have a few holders, probably a bit too many bows. I am way too into etsy bows. It took Addie 2 years to wear one, I'm making up for lost time. 

ETA I did not make those in the pictures, but I'm not going in Addie's room to take a picture. the ones at micheal's do come with the felt already on them and painted, but no little bling things attached. (nms anyway) 

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Clare - who are your favorite etsy bow sellers?  I like the canvas idea a lot
  • Options

We have something like this: (each string is about 3 feet long so it holds a LOT of bows)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The hanging ribbon strands for clip/barrette-type things were what I was going to suggest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

bows and clips on a long ribbon

little rubber bands in a baggie

• Options
    PAGASPAGAS member

F only has a few small bow clips, they are clipped onto their original cardboard holders in a drawer. 

With all these fancy holders, are you guys displaying them or something?

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Options
    Pagas, not so much "displaying" them, but I have them hung on a wall by her closet (in the little space between her combo/hutch and the wall, which is so tiny that there's no real space for anything else).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

A french memo board  I made mine with stuff around the house, but any would work of course:

It is hanging in the girls' bathroom.  (sorry for the bad pic)

Our problem now is that Elena pretty much only wears headbands, and I don't quite know how to store those well.  Her bathroom doesn't have any drawers.

imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options
    imagePAGAS:

F only has a few small bow clips, they are clipped onto their original cardboard holders in a drawer. 

With all these fancy holders, are you guys displaying them or something?

no, but it's easier for me to grab them off the ribbon right by her closet then search threw a drawer. plus they can hang on a hanger in the closet when we travel. and she can pick them herself if she wants.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jen5-03jen5-03 member
    E's are hanging from a ribbon too, but not a cute one like the pics posted. It's just a basic ribbon clipped to the edge of a canvas bin. It came with a set of clippies I bought at walmart.
    - Jena
  • Options
    PAGASPAGAS member

Seems sad that all these cute displays are relegated to the closet.

We only have 6 bows total, but I fear the bow overload once her hair gets longer.

Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"