Adoption

just fostering?

Anyone on here just do foster parenting?  I really want to discuss this with DH - and also include the opportunity for adoption, but I know DH has a few concerns about fostering.

Re: just fostering?

• there are quite a few of us that are foster to adopt. I currently have a sibling group of 3.
  • My DH and I do straight fostering. We accept both genders ages 0-3. We  are also emergency foster parents, so the county can call us late nights and weekends. The children we receive our just entering (or reentering) the system. The children have stayed with us from 1 night to 9 months (and counting since he's still with us). I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. My DH and I really enjoy it so far!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are currently going through the training to be foster parents to adoptive parents.  Dh too, has alot of concerns about fostering. We actually looked into it 3 years ago and decided not to follow through due to concerns.  We have educated ourselves and we have been researching alot.  We have a pact between us that if either one of us feels uncomfortable we can discontinue being foster parents at any time down the road.  We're taking it step by step :) 

What are some concerns that your DH has about fostering?

• I am not doing straight foster - but foster care with the hopes of adoption.  We currently have a 3 yr old boy who was placed with us in March.

My husband was not too sure about it at first, but the more we became educated, the more comfortable we were.

One thing I can tell you - they do NOT teach in in ctraining classes how much you will totally love these kids.  Loving them is the easy part - everything else (legal stuff) is the hard stuff

• we are doing just foster care.  I have a blog that talks about life (Started an IF blog) but I talk a lot about the ups and down of foster care. If you ever want to read let me know rachel32004@msn.com

we have an almost 3 year old (and a 6 month old ourselves)

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • We just finished the certification to become foster parents (also licensed for foster to adopt, but its not our primary goal). We are currently awaiting a call for our first placement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"