Parenting

If anyone is interested in more info on the George Tiller murder

I live in Kansas, so our news is basically nothing but coverage of the case.  The shooter was captured a few hours later.  He was from the KC area and drove all the way to Wichita to kill Tiller.  Tiller was serving as an usher during his church service and was shot in the foyer.  While there were several people (other ushers and such) in the foyer with him, it wasn't in front of the entire congregation.  (If nothing else, thank God for that, particularly that his wife didn't see it first-hand).  The man who shot him was an anti-abortion, anti-tax, anti-social security protester who was arrested before for having a bomb in his car.  One of our local news channels spoke with his ex-wife and she was so upset about this.  She said they never should have let him out of prison after the bomb arrest.  One of the fellow church members said that Dr. Tiller often wore a bullet-proof vest, but the shooter shot him in the forehead.  His clinic had been bombed before and he'd been shot in both arms one other time.  Something that has (pleasantly) surprised me about this is that everyone is speaking out against this horrific crime.  Even the anti-abortion groups are issuing statements that this was the wrong way to go about things and are expressing sympathy for the Tiller family.

Not to start another debate, but I know there were quite a few people interested in information earlier.

Re: If anyone is interested in more info on the George Tiller murder

• Yeah, unfortunately no matter how contrite some of the anti-abortion groups are sounding now they have been harassing and vilifying this man for years.

Operation Rescue has had an ongoing 'Tiller Watch' on their website where he was pictured in front of flames and derided and threatened repeatedly.  Also take a look at Randall Terry's comments regarding Tiller and how he is a 'mass murderer' (this comment was made today).

• ppantsppants member
    I too live in Kansas and was shocked and saddened by the news.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Loading the player...
  • The thing that always really gets me about the abortion debate is the hypocrisy of it all.

If abortion is murder, isn't shooting someone in the forehead murder?  I just will never understand these extremists.

• nothin' like a murdering pro-lifer.  Hmm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"