Success after IF

My 2 cents on the "drama"

I'm sorry for all the sensitivies and hurt feelings surrounding TTTC and SAIF.  I feel bad for all involved.  I can't really relate b/c while it was certainly difficult for me to go through IF, the boards were nothing but a safe haven for me.  It was stuff IRL that was hard - watching friends get pregnant at the drop of a hat.  In my Internet life, it was all about support, commiseration, gaining knowledge, and cheering (and feeling inspired by) those who were successful.  So, it's been a very positive experience from day one. 

I will admit, and have before, that I don't visit TTTC anymore.  It's not b/c I don't feel welcome or am worried I'll hurt someone's feelings; and most certainly not b/c I don't care anymore.  But the progression was a natural one for me.  Once I got pregnant the SAIF board just made more sense.  For a while I did continue to check in on the TTTC board.  But eventually I settled in here.  There's certainly a time element - I simply don't have time - or maybe don't want to take the time - to spend on 2 message boards.  I spend way too much time on the computer as it is!  And I feel guilty about that especially now that I'm a mom!  I guess I've always trusted that people on TTTC know that I still care and that they can come to me with any questions or for advice and support.  And that does seem to be the case - I'm all over any post regarding donor sperm in particular, b/c that's what I know best.  I've also occasionally posted on TTTC about my own experience b/c that was the kind of thing I liked to read when I was over there.  But, no, I don't follow the day-in, day-out stuff.  I know when I was still on TTTC I would come here to ask questions rather than expect SAIFers would visit TTTC to respond to my posts (though it was certainly a treat when they did).

I think it comes down to a matter of expectations.  There are 2 different boards for a reason and I think everyone should be welcomed on both boards (keeping in mind certain sensitivities), but no one should be chastised for choosing one over the other.  It's a matter of where you feel the most comfortable, and maintaining respect for those who are still going through the difficulties of IF.  And how could we not?  We've all been there in one form or another.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My 2 cents on the "drama"

• Very well said.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • thank you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Didn't this all start because someone said their friend had posted on the bump's infertilty board and was met with snark, and then some people said, "oh, it was SO much better when we were over there, it must've gone downhill," and then we then all concluded that said friend had probably accidentally posted on TTTC 12+ months?

FWIW, I've never seen snark on that board -- okay, I take that back, a few years ago there was a post about someone's friend having an abortion that drew some ire... other than that, not so much. 

• imageweemodin:

FWIW, I've never seen snark on that board -- okay, I take that back, a few years ago there was a post about someone's friend having an abortion that drew some ire... other than that, not so much. 

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I never saw snark either.  If I had, I probably would have left. 

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"