Babies: 0 - 3 Months

what are teething tablets exactly? and has anyone heard of amber necklaces

for teething babies?  It's probably some hippie dippie voodoo, but i would like some feedback tia

Re: what are teething tablets exactly? and has anyone heard of amber necklaces

• DD wears an amber teething necklace.  I got mine from: https://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/  and I think you can still use this code for 15% off: SAVE15.
  • The teething tablets are a homeopathic remedy...I use the Hyland's brand.  They are in the bottles/nipples section at Walmart  Love them.

As for a necklace for a baby?  First, um weird.  Second, a necklace on a baby would be a no-no, no?  Very strange...lol.

• Loading the player...
  • amber necklaces. i know jar said she wants to get some for julia.

we use the hylands teething tablets. they disolve instantly and help relieve the irritation caused by teething.

• They're small white tablets that dissolve very quickly in their mouths...not sure what's in them; whatever it is it works like magic. I've just heard about the amber necklaces, think it was invented by the same hippie who invented placenta pills.
  • Ok wait...am I the only one who has never heard of these amber teething necklaces?!  Do you put them on when they are sleeping, cuz wouldn't that be a choking hazard?  Or is it only when they are awake and you are right there making sure they don't, you know, hang themselves?
  • only when they are awake! I take it off when she goes to bed.
  • JAWMINJAWMIN member

imagejamie4duke:
    Ok wait...am I the only one who has never heard of these amber teething necklaces?!  Do you put them on when they are sleeping, cuz wouldn't that be a choking hazard?  Or is it only when they are awake and you are right there making sure they don't, you know, hang themselves?

I've only heard about them on the bump. You only use them during supervised awake time. It looks like hippie dippie voodoo, but if teething is hell I might try one.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • imagestellablue96:
    DD wears an amber teething necklace.  I got mine from: https://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/  and I think you can still use this code for 15% off: SAVE15.

does it work ? is she teething?

• They are very popular here (I live in Germany).  They also have bracelets.  My friend used one for her son and he never had issues while he was teething.  Not sure if it really was the necklace or if it was just luck.  I plan on buying one for this LO.  They have them all over in stores here.
  • they work i used them with my daughter and will be using one again with my son.  make sure you get the lighter or milky colored amber and it's activated by heat so he needs to wear it under his shirt.  make sure to measure an appropriate length and they also have anklets.  you will need to decide if you want a magnetic clasp or not (good for younger babies).
  • The Hyland's tablets did not work for my baby. Neither did Humphrey's dissolvable strips. I had to finally break down and get Little Teethers teething gel because she was getting five teeth in at once and a molar (still working on the molar). Instant relief.

I am looking into getting an amber teething necklace. I've heard great things about them. As long as you get the appropriate length and take it off when they are sleeping, it is not that big of a deal.?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"