2nd Trimester

How to dress for Jury Duty?

I have to report tomorrow at 9... I've never been before so I have no idea what's appropriate.  Since I'm not working right now, all I have for maternity clothes are a pair of nice denim capris and dark brown, nice bermuda shorts. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to dress for Jury Duty?

• I would wear something comfortable.  You will likely be sitting there all day bored out of your skull.  Bring a book to read.
  • I wore a maternity sundress- I was told we couldn't wear denim. I'd go with the bermuda shorts!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

wife to joe 2.2.08. mama to noah 9.5.09.
    After multiple m/c's, a MTHFR diagnosis and the Lord calling both of our hearts in the same direction, we're adopting!
    theluckiest
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd take a sweater or a wrap.  Most of the courtrooms I've been in have been  uncomfortably cold, on purpose, to keep the jury awake.  The general jury room though will be probably warm and crowded.
  • I dressed nice the first day, but quite a few people were in jeans.  I wouldn't stress out too much over it.
    Tori 10.10.09 / Callie 9.14.10 / Callie's Epilespy Journey
  • When DH had it, he said that most of the people just wore whatever.  He dressed up but said a lot of people didn't.

He said for the selection day, you should be fine in either, but they may request that you dress up on the nicer side for court if you are selected. 

• Thanks ladies!  I'm really hoping I don't get selected.  I'll be taking a copy of my medical records AND copies of my tickets for our Hawaiian vacay (our flight is out of Orlando EARLY on Sunday), so that hopefully I can get out of it.... makes me sad- I've always wanted to serve.  :-(  
  • Do you want to get selected? ?If so, dress nicer, if not dress comfy. ?What is the worst that will happen-they ask you to leave? ?Then you get your day back.
    Baby Boy born still on March 10, 2008 at 21 wks 2 days : ( Finley Alyse born October 11, 2009 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Declan Jonathan born October 16, 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have to report tomorrow, but call in the evening to see if I have to go on Tuesday.  My summons actually had dress guidelines, but I guess not all cities/counties do that.

If it will help, here is what mine says:

"No shorts, culottes, skorts, tank tops, halter tops, cropped shirts or flip flops."

Wow, no shorts in the summer.  It is going to be 95 tomorrow.  This is a required duty not torture!!

• Wear whatever you want.  Some people will be in business clothes while others will be in ratty jeans and T-shirts.  It really doesn't matter.

Also, someone suggested bringing a book.  That is a really good idea for when you are waiting for your name to be called and during any breaks (depends on how long you are there).  

imageimage
  • I would dress business casual

No jeans, shorts, sleeveless tops/tanks and a wear a decent pair of shoes (like no flip flops or crocs) 

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I always have dressed conservatively. Don't show anything that someone might get off on (yeah, I know Connecticut should be a little better, but the courts are in the major cities). Don't carry in scissors or anything sharp=nail files, etc. Just a book. We are lucky enough to get to watch a movie about the court system (BAH!)...

And, most importantly, make sure that you get your name checked off! If they don't know you are there, then you don't get credit for being there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"