Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Any 14 month olds not talking?

DD babbles a lot and sounds like she's talking, but there are no words.  She says mama and dada, but not to us.  She says uh-oh.  That's about it.  I'm an SLP so I'm trying not to worry, but I thought she'd have a lot more words by now!  Any other 14 month olds not saying much?

Oh, she's not walking yet either, but she's thisclose!

Re: Any 14 month olds not talking?

• My 16 mos old has 3 words and that is it, he has no interest in talking. 
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • akayfakayf member

DS just said his 1st word the other day...sit.   He says it now everytime he sits.  He says it while pointing at us.   he says it to the dog.    or he could just be cursing us all off.

I started paying closer attention to his babble and it sounds like he is approximating some words.    Other than that he's not talking.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No talking here...says mama and dada, but not in the right contexts.  Babbles a ton and understands a lot of words.
  • She says dada, daddy, hi, uh oh, and a few animal sounds.  She won't say mama at all.  I'll say, say mama and she'll grin at me and say dada.  She babbles all the time, so it should hopefully be soon that she will say more words.  She understands a lot.  If we tell her to get something, she'll get it, or put her toys away, etc. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • basically the same, he says mama, dada (mainly dada) but he say "dat" a lot when pointing to see what the item is.  He says uh-oh and just started trying to say thank you.  I think that is normal right about now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"