Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

2 yr molar symptoms.. ?

Hi Ladies-

I mostly lurk over here, being caught up in trying to remember how to parent a newborn in addition to not completely messing up my 2 + yr old lovely girl, but said lovely girl in the last 3 days has become an utter mess.   she's not fever prone, but has had a 102-104 fever in the middle of the night since friday night, and nothing really during the day (maybe to 99.4-6.. ), swollen red gums, loss of appetite, super cranky (sadly she's picked up "oh my GOD" from Mommy... ugh.. guess it could be worse given my potty mouth.. ), etc.

Does this sound about right??  I'm all ears.. thanks :)

Christine

Re: 2 yr molar symptoms.. ?

• Options
    Definitely - esp. the swollen gums. Children's Motrin was a lifesaver for us. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    try an oral relief gel as well. I know orajel makes a kids version, not sure about others.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It all sounds right for molars except for the fever seems too high.  She could very well be teething and have have a virus.  My poor monkey is taking weeks to get those 2yr molars in.  She had her fingers in her mouth constantly & I dosed her up on tylenol or motrin whenever she seemed uncomfortable.  I always go for the motrin at night since it is longer lasting. 
  • Options

Thanks ladies... we were high feverless last night, thankfully, and I'm just hearing her stirring now, which means we're back to  when she normally gets up in the morning.  

.. the nightmares (or pain at night) are continuing, but I am feeling a bit better about what we're dealing with.   I appreciate your input!

Christine :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"