Re: Poll: carseats and the husbands that install them

• Options
    ya... this reminds me that I should probably get mine inspected! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The thing was, it was impossible for my DH to install correctly b/c of the kind of seats we have.  The base couldn't be adjusted high enough to get the chair at the right angle, so the EMS guy (who said this was common) busted out a water noodle, cut it to the right length, and used that to prop up the base.

And those balls that are supposed to tell you the correct angle are good for nothing.  They're not sensitive enough.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i skipped the hubs and just got it installed by the pros.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JAWMINJAWMIN member
    My husband is good for nothing. lol. I had to install it, and it was correct.

W (02/2009), N (08/2012), and C (04/2014)
  • Options
    tony did it and it was correct, but because the seats were leather they made us put this no slip grip thing underneath and then they had to adjust the angle because the grip threw it off.  ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The highway patrol guys who inspected our seats told us that each of them has seen a total of ONE come in already installed correctly, in their combined 12 years of inspecting car seats.  An article in Parents magazine quoted another certified inspector who said he's been doing it for, like, 20 years and has seen 13 come in correctly done in all that time.  Ours were "almost perfect" but we had the seat belt twisted or something like that on one of them, and the incline was a little off on the other one, so they fixed them both.
  • Options
    SolelleSolelle member
    I haven't had ours inspected....we probably should lol.  I think my husband did it correctly, but the base seems kind of loose even though there is no more slack in the seat belt (we have the latch system). 
  • Options

Sort of... we had a hunch the angle was off, but we installed it in December and couldn't find a damn pool noodle anywhere. I had to steal one from my friends young children... ha ha! Everything else about the install was correct, but he suggested we get a noodle or roll up a phone book to get the angle right. DS was convinced the base wasn't in tight enough and the CHP guy couldn't even get it out to inspect- he laughed and said it didn't need to be QUITE that tight.

He also gave me some pointers on stuff INSIDE the carseat (like not using the large and small head support/insert thingy together and taking the little neck pads off). AND told us not to leave the bar/handle up while we drive, which I didn't know... so much for hanging toys from it!?

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"